• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY11 Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP)

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Probably the first year ever that the chopper guys averaged higher than the fixed wing guys. With the airlines beginning to hire, HQMC is making the decision easier for jet dudes to get out.

MCBUL 7220 FY11 AVIATION CONTINUATION PAY (ACP) MARADMIN 109/11

5. PAYMENT PROVISIONS:

A. FY11 ACP CONTRACT OFFERED:

(1) A LONG-TERM CONTRACT IS AVAILABLE FOR CAPTAINS AND MAJORS WITH 24 MONTHS OR MORE TO COMPLETE 15 YCS.

(A) ANNUAL AMOUNTS ARE LISTED BELOW BY TYPE COMMUNITY AND INDIVIDUAL MOS AS DESCRIBED IN PARA 2.G. ABOVE:

(1) FIXED WING PILOTS:

(A) 7509 (AV-8B) 10,000 PER ANNUM

(B) 7523 (F/A-18) 10,000 PER ANNUM

(C) 7543 (EA-6B) 5,000 PER ANNUM

(D) 7556/7 (KC-130) 10,000 PER ANNUM

(2) ROTARY WING/TILT ROTOR PILOTS:

(A) 7532 (MV-22) 10,000 PER ANNUM

(B) 7563 (UH-1) 12,000 PER ANNUM

(C) 7564/6 (CH-53) 10,000 PER ANNUM

(D) 7565 (AH-1) 12,000 PER ANNUM

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Definitely making my decision easier. I keep worrying about the uncertainty on the outside, when I guess I should be just as worried about the uncertainty on the inside.

KBayDog

We all knew it was coming: No blood money for 7562s (Phrog chopper-ers)...and I didn't notice anything for NFOs (but honestly, I didn't read it that thoroughly). Makes sense, though. If you've got nothing to fly, there's no reason to pay you blood money to stick around.

What I predict is that the current pool of Company Grade 7562 professional "MAGTF Officers" is going to dry up very quickly in the upcoming years. My question is: What community is going to be next to absorb the "MAGTF Officer" billet assignments currently being filled (or soon-to-be filled) by the present batch of 7562s not switching to another community (either by choice or design)?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
No short term contracts this year. I recall there being one last year. I'm still a looong way out from a look at this stuff, but the short term contract seems way more enticing if you're on the fence (and want to stay there).

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm surprised they are as high as they are considering the current economic status and USMC 'drawdown' proposal.

HueyHornet75

pilot
a couple of my buddies waited a year or two too long to jump on this...decided to stay in and are now kicking themselves...especially an NFO buddy who went from 20k to 0...whah whaaaah