• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

I know that they say results probably wont be ready until friday. But I figure if we at least get SOME sort of daily response we can stay up to date without over annoying them.

DevilDoc1977

Someone inquired about them on the MCPON facebook. Has anyone checked to see if he replied.

Also, who thinks we would get to 4000 posts before release or retirement.lol

SAYYRAH85

Someone inquired about them on the MCPON facebook. Has anyone checked to see if he replied.

Also, who thinks we would get to 4000 posts before release or retirement.lol

No he hasn't answered. Really do not think he will. I really am not looking foreward to get any explanation.

ArkansasFlyBoy

None
I just called them and they gave me a bunch of crap and eventually told me I cant get it done there. I have all my records with me now since I am in between commands. My last ship is in the yards in NN and I cant get on to it because of the whole SY badge issue so I guess Ill try Little Creek? Maybe theyll be nicer.

just from personal experience, i found that sometimes you can make things happen just by showing up and acting desperate....just my two cents.

Navnuke

Anyone notice NAVADMIN 325/09? If we do like the Chaplains do, and pray for our NAVADMIN to come out, then we might get it.
BTW, I can understand "hurry up and wait," but this isn't waiting. It's torture. It's getting #$%@housed for the past 3 Fridays in a row, sitting on a couch, watching tv with a laptop on my lap hitting refresh every 15 seconds and reading about pirate jokes and people arguing over the internet (which is STILL like winning in the Special Olympics) rather than doing something productive or going out with friends. You know what's worse than waiting for this NAVADMIN? Being the guy who waited for this NAVADMIN for over month and then finding out he didn't get picked.

Anyone notice NAVADMIN 325/09? If we do like the Chaplains do, and pray for our NAVADMIN to come out, then we might get it.
BTW, I can understand "hurry up and wait," but this isn't waiting. It's torture. It's getting #$%@housed for the past 3 Fridays in a row, sitting on a couch, watching tv with a laptop on my lap hitting refresh every 15 seconds and reading about pirate jokes and people arguing over the internet (which is STILL like winning in the Special Olympics) rather than doing something productive or going out with friends. You know what's worse than waiting for this NAVADMIN? Being the guy who waited for this NAVADMIN for over month and then finding out he didn't get picked.

Yeah... That will probably be me

SAYYRAH85

I have the same fear. If the results had come out when they were supposed to and I didn't make it, it would have been hard, but I would deal with it. If I don't get picked up after all this bull@#$% it will just be demoralizing.

I am pretty sure we all fell the same. However, if I don't get picked up I'll scream suck it trebeck, and go get shit housed and throuw out obsenities to everyone that looks at me wrong. lol. oh wait... that's a normal night out.. hmmm... and I want to be an Officer. lol. YAHTZEE! :D

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
So essentially what you are telling me is, my command may be forcing me to buy a uniform that I will not use for probably more than a month.... great... haha

You'll need the uniform at some point or another anyways... :)

As far as uniforms at NSI... I saved a LOT of money by bringing up my uniforms and not having to buy another rain coat, pea coat, black dress shoes, etc etc. They give you the full allowance no matter how much you spend. Unless they updated it, you'll see that the NSI website is poopy on many subjects. Anyway, if you are driving and have the room, bring your uniforms.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
So I am on a submarine base, have no experience with aviators really.
Do NFO's and/or Naval Aviators even wear BDU's?
Because they have thier green poopy suit don't they?
Sorry for probably such a dumb question, but I really never see aviators.

NSI doesn't hand out NWU's, and you don't wear them while you're in ROTC. Maybe that will change as the uniform becomes more familiar and accessible to everyone, who knows? If your command wants you to get them, buy one set. When you get to ROTC, change out the nametapes and remove the rank, no big deal.

Aviators don't fly in NWU's, but might wear them while on watch or on the boat. The NWU will never replace the flight suit.