• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Navnuke

So Obama signed the new Defense Bill. Kinda crappy for us, but better for the military overall. I read through the summary of items and it seems like there alot of things and improvisions to make our quality of life and equipment better, rather spending more money for mobilizing more troops to go over to the Gulf and wasting money on building more ships.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
I already talked to LT Burke. To be honest, he really was not able to help me very much. I am really just trying to get an accetance letter at this point.
He works in the NROTC unit, on NROTC things. All things University are outside his scope. You need the Registrar's office, Rollins Hall. Here's a directory list of folks in the ODU Registrar's office: >link<

AM2

For those of you trying to get into OU, i have some useful info..... I just spoke with the NROTC side there yesterday. The POC for STA-21 applicants and selectees is LT. Huber. His office phone number is 405-325-0119. There is also a recruiter that works in there that answered all of my questions. Seems very knowledgeable. I was also seeking the aviation major and he told me the same thing that many others have heard, and that is..... yes it is very possible to leave with your private pilot's license. Good luck all and i hope to join you at OU as it is also my first choice.

Bill3753

So, who actually thinks the results will come out tonight? Are we all just so far into this now that we have clouded our judgment?

Steelerfan23

Thank you, I guess I have become pretty numb to this waiting process, I was just talking to my wife about how crazy it has been waiting for 28 days for word. You guys have all helped to keep me focused and thinking about other things so thank you and good luck to everyone from you SWO hopefuls to fellow pilot hopefuls.

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I promised myself I wouldn't check at all today. I caved in and now I'm disappointed again that yet another day has gone by without any news. *Maybe they should have given a deadline in the paperwork President Obama signed today.*

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I've applied to UT Austin, and also planning on SDSU, Huston-Tillotson, and UH but waiting on results before spending anymore on app fees.

I tried applying to UT, but they wouldn't work with me at all and wouldn't accept hardly any of my 46 credits. I did get accepted to Huston-Tillotson in about 5 minutes though. I also got accepted to UofH and Texas A&M at College Station (both in about 2 weeks). I am going to A&M if I get selected.

predikate

I tried applying to UT, but they wouldn't work with me at all and wouldn't accept hardly any of my 46 credits. I did get accepted to Huston-Tillotson in about 5 minutes though. I also got accepted to UofH and Texas A&M at College Station (both in about 2 weeks). I am going to A&M if I get selected.

Why wouldn't they accept your credits? I thought they only require 30 semester hours for transfer applicants.

Vectra296

The LT in charge of Officer Programs just called my work looking for me... I have watch tonight and left early and the lady who answered the phone didn't think to ask until she hung up... any news yet??

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I have been accepted to Iowa State for Engineering but I have not accepted it yet. At Iowa State you have to pay $350 to accept it and get your degree plan. If I am able to get in to STA-21 I will pay them 5 min later. So I can get my degree plan set up.
Shoot a PM to HAUBBY...he's at Iowa State and I bet he might know a way around that fee.

EmilyRose

Does anyone know if SDSU's NROTC program fills up? That is our first choice if my husband gets selected so we won't have to move. On the news here we keep hearing that it's hard to get accepted there, but I'm not sure if that's due to grants and scholarships or overcrowding. If not, 2nd choice is Oregon State and 3rd is University of Washington. Any info on any of those schools would be great! Thanks.

LMPRPP03

My husband hasn't applied anywhere yet I don't believe..doesn't help that he is stuck on a sub..but I hope it won't be too late by the time he gets back.