• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP)

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
With the shutting down of two active duty Hornet squadrons and 2 reserve Hornet squadrons in the last couple years, there is a glut of Hornet pilots right now. Basically what "Harrier Dude" said ... lower the bonus, less of a reason to stay in.

S/F

Anybody know the reason for the difference in Hornet vs Harrier pay? Are the Harriers just deploying more or are guys jumping ship at the cyclic rate for other reasons?

jack.parker

I "crossed over" at 12 years...

so the obligation i have to sign upon getting my wings will put me out past the eligability because i will have to already obligate for 8(nfo) or 9(pilot) right? that would put me past 16 years. but what your saying is that it is commisioned service and not active duty service correct, so after my first obligation for nfo or pilot then for the next 6 or 7 years i am eligable for those.

Anyway, you'll sign for 8 yrs... which means 10 or so as an "O"

In theory, I'm eligible to retire this summer, but by doing a few more years, I'll double my retirement. You'll be in the same spot... retire as a senior LT or as a LCDR or CDR... the numbers as a CDR mean that I'll never "have" to work again... so, I'll stay on this track.

As long as you put in the effort, you'll do better than your peers as a prior... don't be a chub or ROAD bubba and you'll do great.

GROWLERS eh?

Have fun with that...

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
psst....this is the Marine bonus thread. The Navy doesn't discriminate by platform, we just don't give it out anymore apparently.