• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 21 IWC DCO Reserve Board

SeekingIntel

Do we have some choice out of our drilling station? I presume different drilling stations offer different opportunities. How do I find out this information?

jdjohn5

From what I understand we may have some choice. Where is your home of record? It is likely that we will be assigned to a NOSC close to our home of record. My recruiter was saying to me even though I live near Philadelphia he expects that I'll be assigned somewhere near DC. Now in my experience I've seen newly commissioned JO's show up at my previous command at Ft. Dix New Jersey which is the closest NOSC to my home. In two weeks I'm supposed to go for my first in person drill at the unit I have switched two in August (Second Fleet). It's unlikely that they'll let me stay there.

SeekingIntel

I'm in the northeast. Location matters for ease, but I'm more interested in what types of opportunities are offered at each station. I assume that different stations do different things. How do I research this, or does anyone know?

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Based on my process and what I've read your OR will look for a unit with an open billet at the NOSC closest to you.

Your priority as a JO should be to qual.

I'm in an intel unit as an IP - not exactly the most ideal for an IP .. but for a JO with lots of AT sked its great.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
From what I understand we may have some choice. Where is your home of record? It is likely that we will be assigned to a NOSC close to our home of record. My recruiter was saying to me even though I live near Philadelphia he expects that I'll be assigned somewhere near DC. Now in my experience I've seen newly commissioned JO's show up at my previous command at Ft. Dix New Jersey which is the closest NOSC to my home. In two weeks I'm supposed to go for my first in person drill at the unit I have switched two in August (Second Fleet). It's unlikely that they'll let me stay there.
Welcome aboard. If you want to drill near JB MDL and not in DC, make sure you get gained by NIFR Region Mid Atlantic rather than NIFR Region Washington DC.

jdjohn5

Welcome aboard. If you want to drill near JB MDL and not in DC, make sure you get gained by NIFR Region Mid Atlantic rather than NIFR Region Washington DC.
Thank you. I just got an email saying it looks like I'll be getting gained by NIFR Washington DC versus NIFR Mid Atlantic. I grew up in the DC area so going down there wouldn't be too bad. I'll see what plays out.

fy18dco

Thank you. I just got an email saying it looks like I'll be getting gained by NIFR Washington DC versus NIFR Mid Atlantic. I grew up in the DC area so going down there wouldn't be too bad. I'll see what plays out.

Do you live in DC now? I processed out of NIFR Mid Atlantic but live in DC. Definitely hoping I'm gained by a unit in NIFR DC.

kmperkins85

I'm really glad I found this thread. I applied and was accepted for CW. I got the call last week and just glad to have a place to hopefully kill some curiosity. Any 1815s out there willing to let me pick their brains? I'm actually coming over from the Air National Guard (E6, Cybersecurity). I'm extremely excited to have been chosen for this opportunity but have ZERO Navy background. Thanks all and congrats to the others that were chosen this go-around.