• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
CISSP exam in the can, that's a fun one for sure... Going to probably go for the CEH (ethical hacking) in the next couple of months...not necessarily a particularly desirable certification (at least in comparison to CISSP) but it's part of my coursework for my masters, anyway.
Congratulations. Are you taking your MS through WGU?

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
CISSP exam in the can, that's a fun one for sure... Going to probably go for the CEH (ethical hacking) in the next couple of months...not necessarily a particularly desirable certification (at least in comparison to CISSP) but it's part of my coursework for my masters, anyway.

sqlfunkateer

Yes sir, technically my start date is this Thursday, but they opened access to the courseware so I've already finished the first class on Cyberwarfare. Just have to write up the papers (hopefully next weekend) and its on to the next class.

shiner237

Package is coming together nicely. Waiting to be scheduled for the necessary interviews and a trip to MEPS. It's definitely easier the 3rd time around! Feeling accomplished!

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Yes sir, technically my start date is this Thursday, but they opened access to the courseware so I've already finished the first class on Cyberwarfare. Just have to write up the papers (hopefully next weekend) and its on to the next class.
Cool. I start in July.

lweathe

Apologize if this has been asked and answered: What certification is best for INTEL? I am a Certified Analytics Professional. Are there any others anyone would recommend?

Bmore84

I was in the process of putting in a package for Army Reserve OCS, when the Navy OR shot me an e-mail saying my board received high marks for the NCR board and am being recommended to the National Board. Do the regional boards act as a filter or is recommendation to the national board a good sign?

My job is sending me to some pretty high speed and hard to qualify for schools that are pretty rare to see in the DoD and IC, so I am hoping I can update my package to reflect them. Is the same package we submit to regionals going straight to the national selection board or will we have a chance to update it?

exNavyOffRec

I was in the process of putting in a package for Army Reserve OCS, when the Navy OR shot me an e-mail saying my board received high marks for the NCR board and am being recommended to the National Board. Do the regional boards act as a filter or is recommendation to the national board a good sign?

My job is sending me to some pretty high speed and hard to qualify for schools that are pretty rare to see in the DoD and IC, so I am hoping I can update my package to reflect them. Is the same package we submit to regionals going straight to the national selection board or will we have a chance to update it?

He is probably saying you rec'd good scores at your panel interviews, anyone that has a completed application goes to NRC for board, there is no regional and national board, only "the board" at NRC level, generally there are many people at each region that get really good scores (10's). There is more than just the scores though even though they are important, I have seen people with 10's who had not the best narratives from the board members and that sunk them.

Once the application is submitted it is in, the regional panel evaluated you based on what they had so there is no updating once submitted.

USNAVY

He is probably saying you rec'd good scores at your panel interviews, anyone that has a completed application goes to NRC for board, there is no regional and national board, only "the board" at NRC level, generally there are many people at each region that get really good scores (10's). There is more than just the scores though even though they are important, I have seen people with 10's who had not the best narratives from the board members and that sunk them.

Once the application is submitted it is in, the regional panel evaluated you based on what they had so there is no updating once submitted.
Is the OIC confidence level based on your scores, or is it soley a "feeling" from the OIC and your scores stand separate from the OIC recommendation?

exNavyOffRec

Is the OIC confidence level based on your scores, or is it soley a "feeling" from the OIC and your scores stand separate from the OIC recommendation?

The ones that I saw were somewhat linked sometimes I saw 10's that just said "confident he/she......" sometimes it would say "completely confident...." and these were in the narrative part, I also saw many who had 10's and the OIC really liked not get picked up, there are many NRD's that funnel people to NRC and generally each NRD has several with really good scores and narratives from the OIC

USNAVY

The ones that I saw were somewhat linked sometimes I saw 10's that just said "confident he/she......" sometimes it would say "completely confident...." and these were in the narrative part, I also saw many who had 10's and the OIC really liked not get picked up, there are many NRD's that funnel people to NRC and generally each NRD has several with really good scores and narratives from the OIC
The OIC said I was a very strong candidate. However, I was not given a 100% confidence level. Wonder if it has to be 100% to get selected?

USNAVY

My gut feeling is to say yes, but it is hard to make that call without seeing the write up.
I have to say the OIC gave me a good write up for someone who has not finished their Masters yet. If the "whole person" concept is in fact in play towards selection I might have a very SMALL chance. All in all, it was a good experience for next time