• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-18 AMCSB

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
What are the AD-NONTYPEWING Major Command Ashore billets? Recognized a name on that list. Are we talking commands of bases or something?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
What are the AD-NONTYPEWING Major Command Ashore billets? Recognized a name on that list. Are we talking commands of bases or something?

Exactly. Base CO. Mostly Naval Air Stations, but I believe we have some "fair share" of the joint/oddball ones.

azguy

None
Exactly. Base CO. Mostly Naval Air Stations, but I believe we have some "fair share" of the joint/oddball ones.

Yep, some bases (e.g. NAVSTA Norfolk) alternate between SWO and aviator. And even though I guess being a base CO isn't as "elite" as command-at-sea, it still offers an opportunity for flag, as I believe all of the Navy Region commanders are picked from the pool of base COs.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Ha, had no idea. Sure it's not as prestigious, but man, I bet it could be a cush lifestyle at the right base.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Base CO of JEB Little Creek lives in a pretty legit house on Cape Henry. I'm sure he doesn't love the helicopters flying low in the area until 2am every night though.