• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

usmctonavy

Alright-finally heard back from recruiter-and its a non-select. She wants me to go for it again though-so starting end of Feb round 3 shall commence. 3rd times the charm right? She did say the numbers were better than she has seen the I think there was a little over 200 applicants and 67 were selected (approx), she expects the numbers to stay around there for the next board.

sqlfunkateer

Sorry about that...good luck next time. Did she say whether the 200 / 67 numbers were for all IWC or was that for a specific community?

bryanteagle6

Yes. The biggest think I did last year was join the state guard. I'm the Intel officer for the state and work with the ARNG intel section. I also have added more references (from navy officers) to my package. I hope to get an intel officer this year to help mentor me more. I am in communication with an Admiral with 10th fleet that I hope will guide me, do an interview, or write a reference. The region intel OIC gave me his contact info, so I will try there as well. I am willing to add certificates if that is a major standout. I also am thinking about learning a language (maybe russian) this year.

Also, I'm planning on adding congressional references. I have two contacts.... one sits on homeland security committee and the other is a former army ranger.

unbroken

Naval officer
Yes. The biggest think I did last year was join the state guard. I'm the Intel officer for the state and work with the ARNG intel section. I also have added more references (from navy officers) to my package. I hope to get an intel officer this year to help mentor me more. I am in communication with an Admiral with 10th fleet that I hope will guide me, do an interview, or write a reference. The region intel OIC gave me his contact info, so I will try there as well. I am willing to add certificates if that is a major standout. I also am thinking about learning a language (maybe russian) this year.

Also, I'm planning on adding congressional references. I have two contacts.... one sits on homeland security committee and the other is a former army ranger.

Honestly I would ditch the idea of just loading up on big names (admirals, Congressmen, etc). Those references are a dime a dozen, just look at the DC applicant pool. I would focus on getting good references from people who know you well, beyond just being "contacts." Unless you have specifically reported to those people, nobody will care. Your new job as an intel analyst for the ARNG will probably be your biggest boost. I would definitely try to get your supervisor there to write you a recommendation.

Who has seen you perform well in adverse situations? Who has discussed your interests, character and leadership potential with you in depth? Who are your current mentors? Those are your references.

Learning Russian is a nice idea, but boards won't really care unless you are proficient in the language, in my experience.

If you don't already have a master's degree, I would prioritize that over certificates.