• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY-14 Line hinge list

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Question for the unwashed: How does it work when those selected for O-4 have already resigned and left the Navy, or resign after they find out but prior to frocking? Is there an alternates list that the Navy goes to and pulls up from (like with DH and Command screen boards) or do the communities just suck up the losses and have less people to pull from going into the DH boards etc? I ask because this is a trend that starting to become common in the VP community.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No alternates. The numbers are created to plan for some losses.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 2051500-UUUU--RUCRNAV.
ZNR UUUUU

R 241500Z JUL 13

FM SECNAV WASHINGTON DC//
TO ALNAV
INFO SECNAV WASHINGTON DC
CNO WASHINGTON DC
CMC WASHINGTON DC
BT
UNCLAS

ALNAV 050/13

MSGID/GENADMIN/SECNAV WASHINGTON DC/-/JUL//

SUBJ/FY-14 NAVY RESERVE LIEUTENANT COMMANDER LINE SELECTIONS//

Rmks/1. I am pleased to announce the following line officers on the
reserve active-status list for promotion to the permanent grade of
Lieutenant Commander.

2. This message is not authority to deliver appointments. Authority
to effect promotion will normally be issued by future NAVADMINS
requiring NAVPERS 1421/7 preparation and forwarding of document to
PERS-831.

3. Frocking is not authorized for any officer listed below until
specific authorization is received per SECNAVINST 1420.2A.

4. For proper alphabetical order read from left to right on each
line. The numbers following each name indicate the relative seniority
among the selectees within each competitive category.

Unrestricted Line
Bates Casey Abraham 0008
Way to go Master!

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
I presume that "JOPA Actual" will now do the right thing and resign from the underground JOPA FB group.

Have to admit I chuckled reading all the "how to be vetted into the new JOPA undeground" posts on FB.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
40030533.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Question for the unwashed: How does it work when those selected for O-4 have already resigned and left the Navy, or resign after they find out but prior to frocking? Is there an alternates list that the Navy goes to and pulls up from (like with DH and Command screen boards) or do the communities just suck up the losses and have less people to pull from going into the DH boards etc? I ask because this is a trend that starting to become common in the VP community.

The promotion also transitions over if they affiliate. Every pilot that's come into my unit as a SELRES was SELECTED while on AD, then got out, affiliated, and put it on when their normal date comes around. Well, they put it on when we do the paperwork and they come in to pin it on, but they still get paid on the date of promotion. It seems to be more common now with the Wings +8 deal.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The promotion also transitions over if they affiliate. Every pilot that's come into my unit as a SELRES was SELECTED while on AD, then got out, affiliated, and put it on when their normal date comes around. Well, they put it on when we do the paperwork and they come in to pin it on, but they still get paid on the date of promotion. It seems to be more common now with the Wings +8 deal.

Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering what the affect would be for the AD side of the house when a bunch of wings plus 8 guys resign prior to pinning, and it makes sense that the Navy build in some slop, but I wonder if they've had enough foresight to predict correctly.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Oh the sweet irony, how funny it is. I laughed pretty hard when I saw that.
photo.JPG