• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 Aviation Continuation Pay

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Link

(1) SHORT-TERM CONTRACT. THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR CAPTAINS WITH 24 MONTHS OR MORE TO COMPLETE 13 YCS.

(1) FIXED WING PILOTS:
(A) 7509 (AV-8B) $10,000 PER ANNUM
(B) 7523 (F/A-18) $7,500 PER ANNUM
(C) 7543 (EA-6B) $6,000 PER ANNUM
(D) 7556/7 (KC-130) $10,000 PER ANNUM
(2) ROTARY WING/TILT ROTOR PILOTS:
(A) 7532 (MV-22) $10,000 PER ANNUM
(B) 7562 (CH-46) $6,000 PER ANNUM
(C) 7563 (UH-1) $10,000 PER ANNUM
(D) 7564/6 (CH-53) $7,500 PER ANNUM
(E) 7565 (AH-1) $10,000 PER ANNUM
(3) NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS: $2,500 PER ANNUM

2) LONG-TERM CONTRACT. THIS OPTION IS AVAILABLE FOR CAPTAINS, MAJORS, AND MAJORS (SELECT) WITH 36 MONTHS OR MORE TO COMPLETE 16 YCS.

(1) FIXED WING PILOTS:
(A) 7509 (AV-8B) $20,000 PER ANNUM
(B) 7523 (F/A-18) $15,000 PER ANNUM
(C) 7543 (EA-6B) $12,000 PER ANNUM
(D) 7556/7 (KC-130) $20,000 PER ANNUM
(2) ROTARY WING/TILT ROTOR PILOTS:
(A) 7532 (MV-22) $20,000 PER ANNUM
(B) 7562 (CH-46) $12,000 PER ANNUM
(C) 7563 (UH-1) $20,000 PER ANNUM
(D) 7564/6 (CH-53) $15,000 PER ANNUM
(E) 7565 (AH-1) $20,000 PER ANNUM
(3) NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS: $5,000 PER ANNUM

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As A4 has said a few times, "It's all about timing." I clearly don't have any.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Marine Corps breaks bonuses down by platform where they Navy just does it by designator (NA/NFO)? I would guess because they have to be a little more judicious with their money, but I don't really know.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think (dont know) that the Navy had done a TMS or community specific bonus in the past. The Marine Corps had in past years done a jet, Herc, Helo NFO break down. We had heard in past years that helo bonuses were low due to overmanning (most of which was in the Phrog community-seems that is still the case above).
The only surprise on this is the Shitter guys, I had thought they were as short and as in demand as skid guys.

With the exception of the Ospreys (yet to be proven) this is a list of what airframes are doing the lion's share of the OIF work.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
As for TMS/community bonus for the Navy.... If they have done it, I think it was quite awhile ago. I can't recall it since I started the aviation thing.

The USMC reasoning makes sense.

gunfighter77

pilot
Any ideas if the ACP will go up again next year? I could see it going up or staying the same if people hold out this year. Especially with the increase in HMLAs. But I also see a possible issue with an election coming up and the liberals gutting our military again. This might be a good opportunity to jump in on the blood money if you plan on staying in and you aren't too burned out from all of the deployments. Any thoughts?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is always a game and timing. The peer group before me took 7K as the long bonus as they watched Hornet guys get 18K. MY year was 18K regardless of TMS. I ahd promised myself that anything less than 12K was an insult if other TMS guys were getting 18K plus.
By law it cant go above 25K right now and I am not sure it will go above 20 but who knows, it will depend on many things. If I were a Capt who wanted to stay in (independant of the $) I would take the 20K now, bird in the hand and all.

3P4Life

Local JOPA Union Rep
This bonus is a slap in the face to anybody who wears a set of wings. We all hang it out there, and we all have a part to play. We are the only service out there that jerks it's pilots around this way.

MMEA you guys need to get a freakin clue!

Tell you what. You can keep your bonus and shove it up your collective ass.

All you pocket protector nerds up there should stop a second and listen. Do you hear that? It's the sound of all your fixed wing pilots hitting the send key on the airlineapps website as their contract ends.

Get a freakin clue guys, the airlines are hiring at a rates never seen before in US aviation history. Iam not even talking about the OCONUS carriers. Starting pay at Cathay in HKG is $8,000 a month! Guys are getting left seat in Anchorage with UPS in 4 years making $14,000 dollars a month.

Oh wait you are offering me what? $20,000 dollars before taxes every year until 16 YCS? Ohh gee where do I sign up for that. Just think all the free ear plugs I want, a free trip to Iraq again, and I get to watch my kids grow up in photographs. Woooo hoooo yippieee!

Duty phones are ringing with recruiters on the other line.

Our wives are sick of us being gone for 8 months at a time.

My kids want to know me for the father I am and not some dude on the fridge.

You're IA's have ruined any fun left in being in a squadron cause all we do is wonder who's getting the boot next.

What do you offer us after we bury yet anothor friend, go through another deployment, miss another Christmass?

A bonus that comes up shorter than any other service and written in such a way that it's sure to f**k you in the drive through for those last 4 years.

friends don't let friends take the bonus.:icon_rage

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Duty phones are ringing with recruiters on the other line.

Our wives are sick of us being gone for 8 months at a time.

My kids want to know me for the father I am and not some dude on the fridge.

You're IA's have ruined any fun left in being in a squadron cause all we do is wonder who's getting the boot next.

What do you offer us after we bury yet anothor friend, go through another deployment, miss another Christmass?

You raised the right hand like the rest of us, right?

Needs of the (add your service here) come first, my friend. We don't all like it all the time.

Iam just getting started :D

So you're getting out and you're bitter and unhappy.

Take it somehwere else. We don't need to hear your bitching and moaning here. :sleep_125

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Bottom line, the bonus is gravy. You shouldn't be doing it for the money anyway. Sometimes the military pays more than civilian sometimes not. The bonus just keeps the numbers in the same zip code.

There are a lot more dead grunt officers recently than dead C-130 pilots, and none of them got a bonus.

3P4Life

Local JOPA Union Rep
Oh yeah, maybe the reason you haven't liked your assignments is that MMEA is where the enlisted monitors work. Should've tried MMOA.

Bah, can't be held accountable for my lack of acronym acuity, you got to be a staff weenie for that :icon_wink. MMEA MMOA they all drink from the same Kool Aid stand. Point of the matter is this bonus is craptastic and a slap in the face to anyone wearing wings NFO, Pilots and TSO.