• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 03 Defense Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF

I was wondering if anyone knew what impact the FY 03 Defense Authorization Bill in Congress will have on moving things along at OCS and TBS i.e. opening more slots and reducing waiting time.
Reason being, this bill provides for a 2400 active force increase for the Corps. No other branches are getting increased numbers. It is my understanding that the Corps will create some type of anti-terrorism force. I am thinking they will pull people from a variety of MOSs thus creating a litlle more flexibility in accepting applicants for OCS and moving people through TBS quicker.
Any thoughts? The bill is in conference committee now and should become law either this October or sometime after the election, January at the latest.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I think the Anti-Terrorism force is ANGLICO. They phased that group out several years ago and are now reimplementing them. As far as what effect that will have on OCS and TBS? I kinda doubt it'll have much of an effect at all, if any. But, that's just assumption. 2400 Marines isn't a whole lot, especially if you consider the Officer to Enlisted ratio. That's what...200 new officers? Something like that. I think it's like 12:1 or somewhere around there. But again, that's just speculating.

Rainman

pilot
I thought the 2400 was the Marine Expeditionary Brigade (AT) that came about a year ago. The FY03 makes it a permanent fixture. So they've kinda known about it for a while and like Boom said not gonna affect the officer corps too much.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Um...I think you're right. Where did I get the anti terrorism force from? Sorry about that! Who does those types of missions? Is it FAST team? Oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.