• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FW bonuses?

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
Anybody hear anything about fixed wing bonuses?

I thought our CO had said something about it being discussed pretty hard at the last CO's conference.

I wasn't aware a lot of FW guys were jumping ship to justify bringing the bonuses back. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
:D I know I know...rough post...how much was the bonus 10 years ago?

I found the old message from August of 2000. Depending on the contract you signed depended on how much Aviation Career Continuation Pay you got.

2-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $10,000;
TOTALING $20,000.

3-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $12,000;
TOTALING $36,000.

4-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $15,000;
TOTALING $60,000.

5-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $18,000;
TOTALING $90,000.

6-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $21,000;
TOTALING $126,000.

Airyk17

2-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $10,000;
TOTALING $20,000.

3-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $12,000;
TOTALING $36,000.

4-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $15,000;
TOTALING $60,000.

5-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $18,000;
TOTALING $90,000.

6-YEAR CONTRACT PAID IN ANNUAL INSTALLMENTS OF $21,000;
TOTALING $126,000.

wow n that was eight years ago if they bring that back maybe I'm going into the wrong service... just kidding bsides i'm barely 5'9" n every one knows thats 2 short for CG (old joke hope u get it)

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
That would be nice if I end up getting selected for FW out of P-cola - but I'm not holding my breath considering the current gov't financial/budget situation...and I want to fly helos :D

sardaddy

pilot
I would be really surprised if it happened again. The last bonus in 2000 was only accepted by some small figure like twenty pilots. There weren't that many more who were actually eligible.

Plus, there was a lot of animosity from the helo side of the house. We make up about three quarters of the fleet and were offered zilch. It was especially frustrating for some as what you fly is based on what is available at the time you are in flight school.

There was a poster somebody made that had a fixed wing guy on one side sitting around the pool with the word "BONUS" underneath. On the other side there was a helicopter on a cutter with the words "BONE-US" underneath.

alwyn2nd

Is there any service where that isn't the case?

AF pilot bonus is equal across the board for pilots. Different bonus schedule for Navigators/WSO. Perhaps the reasoning is that only 5% of the AF pilot force flies helos. Out of 1200 pilot slots annually, the AF trains between 60-70 helo pilots.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
AF pilot bonus is equal across the board for pilots. Different bonus schedule for Navigators/WSO. Perhaps the reasoning is that only 5% of the AF pilot force flies helos. Out of 1200 pilot slots annually, the AF trains between 60-70 helo pilots.

Not sure why you're quoting me on that one. I was referring to the fact that the people got what was available out of flight school, and not necessarily what they wanted.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Plus, there was a lot of animosity from the helo side of the house. We make up about three quarters of the fleet and were offered zilch. It was especially frustrating for some as what you fly is based on what is available at the time you are in flight school.

There was a poster somebody made that had a fixed wing guy on one side sitting around the pool with the word "BONUS" underneath. On the other side there was a helicopter on a cutter with the words "BONE-US" underneath.
Sure, but you rotary-winged guys get all the DFCs/Air Medals/Weather Channel specials/Glory, so we poor fixed-wingers have to soothe our bruised egos in sports cars, wide-screen TVs, trips to Europe, and maybe the occasional $4,600.00 trip to the Mayflower hotel in DC (a shout out to the Emperor's Club for great service...thanks for the recommendation Elliot!). We need that bonus to get us by.

Until the airline job, at least.:D