• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Supply Board Dates?

XXXMM004

I am pretty sure RUFIO said those that had submitted were allowed to be seen by the board, those that hadn't were out of luck.

future reference "He had a great package" is not a phrase I would use for obvious reasons, instead "He had a great application" is much better
+1

I'am an active duty personnel currently stationed overseas. I completed my degree last October 2015. I have foreign and american college degree. My GPA is 3.13 BS in Liberal Arts and i'm applying for Supply corps. I have been serving the USN for almost 3 years. My officer package (3 supply officer appraisal interviews (2 SC CDR and 1 SC Capt, and 3 LORs CDR, LCDR, and LT from my work center) is all complete it is just that my OAR score is not even competitive. My command marks me as a well rounded sailor. The only problem I'm having is my OAR result. The first time i took it was last year and i have 33. I took it again this month and i have 32, it went down. I'm up for orders and i only have 8 months left in my command. I can take the OAR test again but it would be in April, and that is not enough time for me to submit it before i leave my current command. What would i do next? Is there are chance that i would get accepted in the program? Right now I'm losing hope and i'll be on my next command not knowing what to do.

Obviously try and score above a 50 on the OAR. I should of quoted your post earlier so you could see what I said below. (It was meant to be a reply to you) My $0.02 for you is don't lose hope... Incase you don't get above a 50 for your last try, as long as you get a qualifying score, apply. I know you're OCONUS but have you considered requesting to extend at your current command? (Long shot but worth a try) I say that because I assume you are pretty established at your current command with a CO who will give you a good recommendation. Worst case you come back to CONUS at your new station and wait until you're established, study and apply. (I am saying what I would do, because I am close to being in the same situation of being close to my transferring window.)

Squirrel Girl

Since we are on the topic of retaking the OAR, I have a 47 on my first attempt. I have not applied before and have no prior service. I was wanting to submit and see what happens, but my recruiter wants me to retake the OAR next week. I have not even opened an OAR practice exam since November, since I am focusing on my Masters at the moment. What do y'all think? Retake and risk my score dropping, or submit with a low OAR?

XXXMM004

What do y'all think? Retake and risk my score dropping, or submit with a low OAR?
Your OAR may be seem a little weak to the board based on your GPA 3.0, but you can still have a try. If you dont have any age waiver issue, you can retake the OAR until you fell confortable. Remember, you only have 2 chances. So, I would recommand to apply now and fully prepare your 2nd OAR later since you got the full picture of OAR.

Well it appears that this thread is on fire now! *plays danger zone on youtube* Since that1dude asked, I will disclose my stat as well

OAR: 64
GPA: 3.18
Education: Mathematics-Economics Joint Major (Yes this is how they named it)
Work Experience: Insurance agency manager/no prior enlisted
LOR: 2 Previous employers/1 pastor
Interview: O-4 Suppo

Regardless of the board result, I am grateful for all the inspirations I received from people I encountered directly/indirectly during my packet application process. It brings me peace of mind to know that all these highly motivated and qualified folks are applying to become naval officers. If I am given a chance to serve alongside you guys, it would be my greatest honor. But even if the board rejects my packet, I really hope I would be able to say that it have been a fun/wonderful journey..... Although I would probably lie down try not to cry then cry a lot... Let us all hope for the best and stay motivated. Whoever the board approves shall be on board to serve.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
Regardless of the board result, I am grateful for all the inspirations I received from people I encountered directly/indirectly during my packet application process. It brings me peace of mind to know that all these highly motivated and qualified folks are applying to become naval officers. If I am given a chance to serve alongside you guys, it would be my greatest honor. But even if the board rejects my packet, I really hope I would be able to say that it have been a fun/wonderful journey..... Although I would probably lie down try not to cry then cry a lot... Let us all hope for the best and stay motivated. Whoever the board approves shall be on board to serve.

Very well said brother! I agree with your sentiments and wish nothing but the best to anyone applying (myself included!).

As an aside, one thing that I've never been a huge fan of in the Navy (or the military in general) is the "hurry up and wait" game. Now, I'm not saying that I was necessarily in a hurry to submit my package. However, there were a couple of last minute items that made my submission process seem like a "hurry-up" situation and now this wait for the board is just killing me! It cannot come soon enough!

XXXMM004

Well it appears that this thread is on fire now! *plays danger zone on youtube* Since that1dude asked, I will disclose my stat as well

OAR: 64
GPA: 3.18
Education: Mathematics-Economics Joint Major (Yes this is how they named it)
Work Experience: Insurance agency manager/no prior enlisted
LOR: 2 Previous employers/1 pastor
Interview: O-4 Suppo
You got a decent stats. If you dont have any issue of moral waviver or medical wavier, your motivated statement may become a major factor the board concerned. Good luck.

Thank you for the positive feedback sir! I wonder if "hurry up and wait" game applies to other military service branches and other government organizations in general.