• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Supply Board Dates?

I'am an active duty personnel currently stationed overseas. I completed my degree last October 2015. I have foreign and american college degree. My GPA is 3.13 BS in Liberal Arts and i'm applying for Supply corps. I have been serving the USN for almost 3 years. My officer package (3 supply officer appraisal interviews (2 SC CDR and 1 SC Capt, and 3 LORs CDR, LCDR, and LT from my work center) is all complete it is just that my OAR score is not even competitive. My command marks me as a well rounded sailor. The only problem I'm having is my OAR result. The first time i took it was last year and i have 33. I took it again this month and i have 32, it went down. I'm up for orders and i only have 8 months left in my command. I can take the OAR test again but it would be in April, and that is not enough time for me to submit it before i leave my current command. What would i do next? Is there are chance that i would get accepted in the program? Right now I'm losing hope and i'll be on my next command not knowing what to do.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
Sounds like you got a couple of things going on here. Before I begin, this website (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Pages/CommissioningPrograms.aspx) will answer all sorts of FAQ's and includes links to (almost) everything you'll need, including links to the OPNAV 1420.1B (the instruction for Officer Programs). With that said, here are my observations (anyone else feel free to correct me if I mess something up):

1. You must have score at least a 35 to apply for Supply Corps. According to many of the threads on this site, closer to 50 is competitive.
2. If you are in your PCS window, I would wait until you are established at your new command. Reason being is that you cannot submit a package if you are in possession of PCS orders.
3. Your GPA (like mine) isn't necessarily stellar and isn't business/supply related. Won't necessarily hurt your chances, but won't help either.

I would suggest focusing on studying for the OAR. A lot. Find any study guides you can and do everything in your power to get that OAR score up because it will be your last shot (you can only take it 3 times in your life and that last score will be the one that counts) and do not take it until you are ABSOLTUELY sure you are ready for it.

As for your interviews and LOR's, unfortunately you may need to redo them. Again, my observation from the threads is that typically speaking, anything much older than 6-9 months gets thrown out.

Above all else, do not give up hope. If you truly are a well-rounded Sailor as your current command suggests, you will be able to reflect this image anywhere you go. Some people might advise against it, but when you check into your new command, let them know your goal is to go to OCS and be sure to let your CCC and/or Officer Programs Coordinator at the new command know that as well. If anything, they (the CCC/Officer Programs Coordinator) should be able to answer any questions you have and steer you in the right direction.

Again, these are just my observations and you can take it as you wish.

MG2012

Brian & MG2012, what do your stats look like? I know Supply is extremely competitive and I'm just curious to see how much (or little!) of a chance I actually have this time around as well as get to know some fellow (potential) SC candidates. As an aside, I never felt as if I was "old" until I had to submit an age waiver!

This is my second time applying, also. I'm 26, masters degree with a 3.8 GPA but in an unrelated field (psychology), 46 OAR, 2 letters from previous employers, one from an Air Force 0-3 and one from a supply officer (o-5). I don't feel very confident after the last time, though!

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
This is my second time applying, also. I'm 26, masters degree with a 3.8 GPA but in an unrelated field (psychology), 46 OAR, 2 letters from previous employers, one from an Air Force 0-3 and one from a supply officer (o-5). I don't feel very confident after the last time, though!
Well, this is technically my first time actually submitting. However, I had put a package together back in 2011-2012. My CoC at the time wisely suggested that I do various things to take my package from "just OK" to "outstanding". I feel that I exceeded those initial expectations and have since dramatically built upon my "original" package.

I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. You have a great GPA and a good OAR and some good LOR's. If anything, the board is going to see that you are determined and truly want your commission. What areas were you able to improve on from your initial package to now?

exNavyOffRec

If anything, the board is going to see that you are determined and truly want your commission. What areas were you able to improve on from your initial package to now?

They look for best qualified at each board, if that is a persons 1st time or 5th time no matter to them, that is how the board is fair to everyone that applies.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
They look for best qualified at each board, if that is a persons 1st time or 5th time no matter to them, that is how the board is fair to everyone that applies.
Roger that Sir. The only reason I had mentioned that is because it had been told to me by various officers that the board members will see an applicant who has had multiple submissions and take that into consideration. However, your way of putting it makes a lot more sense not only from an applicants standpoint but from (I would imagine) the board's standpoint as well.

exNavyOffRec

Roger that Sir. The only reason I had mentioned that is because it had been told to me by various officers that the board members will see an applicant who has had multiple submissions and take that into consideration. However, your way of putting it makes a lot more sense not only from an applicants standpoint but from (I would imagine) the board's standpoint as well.

yep that rumor has been around for decades, over on the STA-21 thread I am sure there are many guys who wished that were true as often as they have submitted.

XXXMM004

The only problem I'm having is my OAR result. The first time i took it was last year and i have 33. I took it again this month and i have 32, it went down. I'm up for orders and i only have 8 months left in my command. I can take the OAR test again but it would be in April, and that is not enough time for me to submit it before i leave my current command. What would i do next? Is there are chance that i would get accepted in the program? Right now I'm losing hope and i'll be on my next command not knowing what to do.
You only have 1 last chance for OAR. You should focus on to improve your OAR to at least 50 since you can't do anything to you GPA now. To me, the OAR is really similar to the SAT math and English, there are tons of study matherials you can find online. If you could pass 2 or 3 SAT sample tests with a moderate scores, I am sure OAR is OK to you. From other supply threads, the board mainly look through your OAR and GPA in 3-5 mins. LOR may be help but not a main factor. I submitted my package with only 2 LOR without any service member, and I got selected in the Dec-2015 board. This is my little opinion.

XXXMM004

If you could push your OAR to 50, you will be fine.

I agree, the higher the OAR the better. Although for AD applicants I have seen a 39, 41, 44 and a 43 get selected for FY 14 and 15. 39 SWO, 41 SWO, 44 IDC, and 43 Supply. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. That's why I applied, so if I get turned down I can resubmit with a higher OAR as my "significant change".

exNavyOffRec

I agree, the higher the OAR the better. Although for AD applicants I have seen a 39, 41, 44 and a 43 get selected for FY 14 and 15. 39 SWO, 41 SWO, 44 IDC, and 43 Supply. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. That's why I applied, so if I get turned down I can resubmit with a higher OAR as my "significant change".

The min OAR went up for several designators, many of those examples would no longer even be able to submit.

exNavyOffRec

You only have 1 last chance for OAR. You should focus on to improve your OAR to at least 50 since you can't do anything to you GPA now. To me, the OAR is really similar to the SAT math and English, there are tons of study matherials you can find online. If you could pass 2 or 3 SAT sample tests with a moderate scores, I am sure OAR is OK to you. From other supply threads, the board mainly look through your OAR and GPA in 3-5 mins. LOR may be help but not a main factor. I submitted my package with only 2 LOR without any service member, and I got selected in the Dec-2015 board. This is my little opinion.

AD have to have evaluations for officers, to your point nearly all of my guys that were picked up didn't have an officer interview.