• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Pilot Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cen_Cal

The Navy has contracted out about 200-300 F-35 JSF to be employed in 2008. From what I have heard it takes about a year and a half to get your "wings of gold" and the Navy selects slots based on their need. Bacause of this would I be more likely to get selected for an Aviator slot in 2006?

In addition, I am majoring in Aerospace Engineering at Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo and plan on graduating in 2005. For the next year what would anyone recommend me doing to secure a slot for OCS.

One more thing I have some damn good LOR's to out weigh GPA, but I was curious if school reputation would also out weigh GPA?

riley

Navy won't have an active F-35 squadron until 2012 (that is based on the current schedule). As has been reported in Defense Daily and other news services - the program might suffer delays (of up to a year or more). The delay is nothing solid, yet - but when has a program of this magnitude ever been on schedule?

mlj0215

When I was in St Louis for the Holidays, McDonnell Douglas (ok, BOEING!) announced that the Navy bought 200 more Hornets as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.