• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future of Marine TacAir

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto

Haven't read anything in these forums regarding the future plans for Marine tacair, so thought I'd throw out what I have heard. All the Hornet squadrons are going to a composite setup (ie a mix of C's and D's) This alone is a huge change, especially for the wisso's going to single seat squadrons and will have some growing pains as they work out a training syllabus and mission focus for the D's. What's even more interesting, however, is the carrier integration plan, where Marine Tacair basically is given over to the navy. This will entail the majority of the Hornets going to the boat vice just the 2 per coast that now are there. It also has been rumored that there will be a Marine CAG (that would be something to see) as well as a Navy MAG CO. Really interesting times in the Hornet community and thought I'd share it with you if you weren't aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.