• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Funny military and aviation quotes or comic

sna_gf

Does anyone know some funny military/pilot jokes, quotes, and or comic strips out there. I want to send some to my bf at OCS so it could give him something to smile about at the end of the day. :D

Or even links to comics would be great too!!!

Thanks so much everyone!!!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Here's a paraphrased one from the blue-collar comedy tour:

A guy is telling his buddy about his first flying lesson out over the coast. He says

"after we got up at altitude, the instructor told me 'Now that we're up here, you can submit to every one of my sexual desires, or jump out of the aircraft and hope to live' "

His buddy replies: "Did you jump???"

"A little.... at first"

brownshoe

Contributor
Does anyone know some funny military/pilot jokes, quotes, and or comic strips out there. I want to send some to my bf at OCS so it could give him something to smile about at the end of the day. :D

I will in the morning. I've a great "Shoe" comic strip on my computer at the office.:)

Steve

exhelodrvr

pilot

Not actually military, but look up some of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons, particularly the "Spaceman Spiff" ones. Sort of an aviation theme, and very funny.

The "Day by Day" strip by Chris Muir occasionally had some with a military theme; generally with a conservative political "message"

Here's a website with some others:
http://www.butlerwebs.com/jokes/military.htm

And A4s probably has personal memories of Bill Mauldin's cartoons during WWII ... you might ask him for his favorites.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Check my previous post (I don't have many) for one experience of a young 0-1 and his trial!

rrpilot

FarSide+1-14.jpg
The Far Side...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotta love "Shoe". Wish I could find the series about Skylar being a Marine Reservist - one in particular where he's part of a carrier MARDET. He's wandering the ship, thinking about how his job is to protect the carrier, then stopping by a loaded-down A-4 and he says he somehow feels kind of redundant.

Along with "Calvin & Hobbes," the two best cartoons ever.

RyanF

unimportant
Shoe Threadjack: I actually went to school with Jeff MacNelly's son. For 8th grade graduation, we each got a Shoe poster Jeff made up for us. :thumbup_1

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Brownshoes in Action Comix were great; wish someone could take CDR Carroll's place putting those out.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I never noticed that Ward "Punk's War" Carroll did "Brownshoes." I also didn't know he was a CDR. As a reservist, I presume.