• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Funny cruise video clips

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Well, I have kind of figured out how to upload clips from the cruise videos I own and I know some of you guys will get a kick out of this first one. It is the "Foc'sle Follies" from VF-31's last Tomcat cruise. I have no idea what "Foc'sle Follie" means but perhaps you salty types can fill us wannabes in. Well, here's the first of what will hopefully be many.

DISCLAIMER These are going to be mostly, if not all, clips from Tomcat videos. You've been warned. I also have good flying videos from these cruises on youtube as well. Enjoy :)

UPDATE More added

Foc'sle Follies
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yj23YQ22Vqk

Boom Operator

Real American Heroes

Lil Napoleon (Napoleon Dynamite spoof)

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I was wondering when the second one was going to get good, but in the end, it did not disappoint. He was totally in with that chick. The follies are kinda like a skit night on the boat they do every so often btw.

Nose

pilot
Follies is a celebration of completion of a line period. The airwing gets together and acknowledges individual and squadron achievements. In my Air Wings we always started with a roll call to make sure each squadron was there and ready. Response to a roll call was a song or cheer. Then we would give out awards - Top 10 landing grades, Top 5 Nuggets, Top hook squadron, Centurion patches, combat related awards (Air Medals etc).

Skits are a part of it also. We would pick 2 or 3 squadrons to do skits. As you could see in the first linked vid, anyone was fair game in the skits. Favorite targets were the Admiral and his staff, Air Bosses, SupOs, Reactor Os, and of course the Big XO. Anyone who had done something stupid during the line period could expect to be hit also. We invited all Ship department heads and above. Shooters usually came too.

Nose

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Some of our best skits ever came after the infamous "banning the F-bomb." CAG had just laid down the edict that we couldn't use the F-bomb in follies and on CVIC TV, etc. Well, the Admiral starts off the following follies with a motivational speech/story where he drops the F-bomb about half a dozen times. Well, in my mind, he just negated CAGs order and it was Bombs away. Hysterical. The coup de grace was when the Intel weinies made a pre-flight 'brief' that included video footage of "angry CAG" overdubbed with the "Many uses of the word F***" soundtrack.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
We were banned from saying "vagina" so we decided to put that into every skit from then on...b.e.a.utiful

Nose

pilot
Um, what is a JO Deck Sparer?

Lots of strike sorties have spare aircraft assigned to them so if one of the "go" jets is down, the spare will launch so the mission goes "as fragged."

Spares rarely launch, so manning a spare is a crappy job. You have to brief, put on gear, man up, and go through all pre-flight checks, but usually don't get to fly. It's the proverbial kissing your sister.

Since it is a sucky job, it is usually a JO that does it. Hence the "f'in hinge" comment.

I've even seen cases where CAG or the squadron CO's jet goes down and they boot the pilot out of the spare and take it.

Nose

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The Real American Heros is classic.....the "fucking hinges" at the end was awesome.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Let's not forget the cardinal rules of sparing:
1. If you didn't pay attention in the brief and have no idea what you are supposed to do, you will definitely launch
2. If it's a beautiful day to fly, you will not launch
3. If it's a crappy rainy night with no moon and they need an airborne respot, you will definitely launch, have 30 down systems and get a 'no-grade' one wire upon recovery.