• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Funny cartoon here...

Hi,...wooow

In the meantime, if you have some funny cartoon pictures, clean humor jokes or stories, inspirations or nostalgia that you would like to share with us (and perhaps have it show up here), send it to us via email by clicking here on Clean Jokes.
In our opinion, all of the humor and stories we've included in the sections below is G rated, that is, it is suitable for all ages. On the other hand, if you wish to visit our PG rated section, click here. To browse through the contents of one of the following G rated sections, simply click on its underlined link.
Clean humor jokes and stories - Page 1
Clean humor jokes and stories - Page 2
Funny cartoon pictures
In Memory of 9/11

onedge

pilot
I think that it sucks the way IPs in primary and for that matter advanced SH*T all over studs every single day. Yeah ok don't suck. But for christ's sake it's hard enough for studs to get through the program WITHOUT the BS that comes courtesy of the IPs in the squadron. My .00002.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Guess it depends on where you go and what community. I don't think I was ever "shit on" by my IPs nor do I feel I was treated with less respect than I deserved. On the other hand, there are those studs that SHOULD NOT be there, fail to realize that and are being intentionally steered down a certain path...maybe you were/are one of those.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I think that it sucks the way IPs in primary and for that matter advanced SH*T all over studs every single day. Yeah ok don't suck. But for christ's sake it's hard enough for studs to get through the program WITHOUT the BS that comes courtesy of the IPs in the squadron. My .00002.

I have been doing the IP thing for a while now. I'll just say that if you felt like you were being shat on every day you were doing something wrong repeatedly. Not necessarily a flying thing either. It could have been an OLQ issue. More than likely you singled yourself out somehow and had are hard time shedding the bad perception of you.

If you were speaking about others, then you would never know exactly what their situation was/is. SNA blinders are always on even if you think you are in the know.

OBTW, some studs just need a kick in the junk...every day...every hop.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

I was just a primary IP and never saw what you are mentioning. There is certainly some right of passage so to speak but it's Naval flight training, not a high school dance class.

gotta_fly

pilot
As someone in primary right now I can say that the vast majority of the instructors treat students very well. It's almost (not quite) like we're in the club already. Obviously we've got a long way to go, but most of the instructors I know seem to understand that life will be happier for them and us if we actually enjoy working together. That said, there's still the aforementioned kick in the junk once in a while, as necessary.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Some IPs seem like they really enjoy making your life a nightmare. Talking down to you, telling you you're an idiot, making you feel like every thing you do is wrong, etc, etc. Not a lot, but I think it's human nature to remember the one that treated you like crap rather then the hundred that treated you well. Some IPs are the complete opposite.

In my short experience in the Navy but longer experience in corporate America, I've found that it just boils down to simply some people are dicks, some aren't. And it always works out that some dicks in part control your future. It's just in the Navy that you can't quit and get a better job because I haven't heard of a better one.

It's a small bump in the road and a good learning experience on how to be or how NOT to be an officer.

That said, I laughed my ass off at the original post, because those have been my checkrides almost to a T.

MPH

I can't view the original post.

All this over a thread resurrection that is without a doubt spam.