• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Funny Acronyms!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, here's a data call for everyone: I wanna hear the funny Acronyms you've heard in your lifetime/military career/etc. Here are a couple acronyms to get this thread started:

RABFO: Riding Around Base F**king Off
NATTY: Not Allowed To Talk Yet (Callsign)
MBWA: Management By Walking Around
FNG: F**king New Guy

I'll try to get some more....

ea6bflyr

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BOHICA: Bend Over Hear It Comes Again
RIBS: Ratio Induced B!tch Syndrome (common problem at WPI where the male:female ratio is 4:1. Girls know they can get any guy that want, for the most part).

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
MILF - sorry I had to put it here :D
RALF - Really Annoying Lebanese Friend (we'd talk about "Ralf" right in front of him and to this day he has no clue... guy was a real d!ck)
We all know SNAFU - Situation Normal, All F**ked Up
METS - Mistakes, Errors, Terrible Scores
FIAT - Fix it again, Tony!

More to come when I think of em'.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
RIBS: Ratio Induced B!tch Syndrome (common problem at WPI where the male:female ratio is 4:1. Girls know they can get any guy that want, for the most part).

Uhhh road trip dude

Quote heard at the Kadena O club to a DOD teacher suffering from this affliction'
"Listen you're a plane ride away from being really ugly"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Uhhh road trip dude

I had a girlfriend in college from another school in the city, so I didn't give a damn ;)

Quote heard at the Kadena O club to a DOD tracher suffering from this affliction'

LOL NICE

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Uhhh road trip dude

Quote heard at the Kadena O club to a DOD teacher suffering from this affliction'

Fvkc it, I'll threadjack.

How is the the ol K-Club? Last time I was there (2003-ish), Friday night was as$-central. In a good way.

I do remember watching 5 LARGE DOD teachers swoop down and attack the 4 plates of chicken wings and lumpia at our table. No joke, these "chicks" saw all our food and decided to 'make friends' with us solely based on the prospect of sustenance. Greasy, O'Club sustenance. I can say they were the exception to the rule though, at least a few years ago.

DOD employees...God bless 'em.

(more fun n' games: order 30 rum and cokes for whatever table full of zoomies happen to be dorking up the place. When the bartender asks for payment, assure her "the Captain over there" has it covered, and give him the ol' "SeaBass" wave and nod. Leave. Quickly.)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That story is circa 2001 but I can give you a Kadena update soon (couple months).
Last time it was the teachers more so than the nurses who we hung out with we'll see how it is this time.
The Scarbar is now rebuilt and open for business so we will have to see which group gets the invite.
Last time I was there there were many hotties though one must be careful, too many AF wives on the prowl.

I had a couple near fights with some of the F-15 guys, hope it had changed but then thy were mostly deuchebags

Long live the threadjack

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
TAD - Traveling Around Drunk (A favorite aviator passtime)
FRIBAT (A-10 guy's callsign) - Flew Right Into Big Ass Tower
DAFDIT (MMCO's callsign) - Dumb Ass Fell Down In Turkey

Brett

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
FUGAZI - ****ed Up, Got Ambushed, Zipped In (a bodybag)
FUBAR - ****ed Up Beyond All Recognition (A Classic)
PITA - Pain In The Ass

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
NAFOD-No Apparent Fear of Death
ACTUALLY, .... it USED to be "NAFD" (we placed a premium on brevity with our acronyms) .... I wrote it in as a grade after a flight to a very select group of STUDs while "awarding" them a flight DOWN (award: gotta love how the Navy "awards" punishment :) ) .... during my instructing days .... :icon_mi_1

L.I.P.'s = Local Indigenous Personnel , i.e., a semi-derogatory, non racially-specific generic term for anyone we were dropping bombs on .... :icon_mi_1

And, of course, the infamous ... GOMER .... sigh, I loved to bomb GOMERs.