• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun in the centrifuge

HuggyU2

None
Nausea, that's what's bad. On deceleration, I felt like I was tumbling forward at a rate of 60 rpm. Granted, I hadn't pulled g's in an aircraft in 4 years when I went through it, but the spatial disorientation left me with a 'fuge hangover for the rest of the day.
If you do it, just go home and sleep it off.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
My ankles hurt a bitch for a day or two afterwards, but other than that, I came out fine... no nausea or anything. After a minute or two of spinning, you don't feel like you're spinning anymore... and the deceleration isn't that bad... just feels like you did a dizzy bat race.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Nausea is what got me the worst. And muscle soreness. I did 8.3 for 12 but got too darn tired to carry on...age thing.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I did the Hornet Profile, and the 5 G's in the fuge hurt MUCH (!!!!!!) worse than 7 in the T45.

7.5 in the fuge is just plain painful. My ankles really hurt. When it first started spinning I thought there was probably about a 50% chance I was going ot puke. Maybe 60%
Thankfully I didn't.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I did the Hornet Profile, and the 5 G's in the fuge hurt MUCH (!!!!!!) worse than 7 in the T45.

7.5 in the fuge is just plain painful. My ankles really hurt. When it first started spinning I thought there was probably about a 50% chance I was going ot puke. Maybe 60%
Thankfully I didn't.

Note to self...eat lunch after centrifuge run...hah :p

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
the centrifuge definitely sucked. The main reason was because our admin nco got us the worst possible intinerary out to Lemoore. We spent 12 hours traveling for a 4 hours trip...both ways. Anyway it was pretty cool to see what my resting g tolerance was. I guess having borderline high blood pressure is a good thing. (6.7g's resting before getting tunnel vision. in case you were wondering)

Oh BTW: It was funny to see both of the Marine NFO's at the class puke their guts out.