• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Fuck You United Airlines

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So to summarize:
- "Flights themselves weren't bad."
- Ontime departures
- Early arrivals
- You got a free upgrade to an exit row... and even got the window seat you asked for on the next, long flight.
- You were offered free beer and wine, but turned it down.
- Great movie selection. BTW, airlines don't control the "airline edit" versions of movies that are played.
- Breakfast was "actually decent".
- Arrived refreshed and in a good mood.

For the negatives:
- You sat next to overweight "fluffy" people. United's fault?
- You didn't care for the Economy meal for lunch. Did you expect a gourmet meal in Economy? Did you look at United's meal selection online before you boarded? Did you know that SEA has some awesome restaurants in the terminal... some of the best in US airports... and that you can buy food there and carry it on, and not deal with "airline food"? I'm assuming that you are an experienced airline traveller and would know this.
- Narita domestic terminal isn't good and needs air conditioning. Does United own, build and upgrade the Japanese airport infrastructure? Is it their fault?
- Your bag was delayed.
-- That said, the Japanese United lady was helpful and walked you through the process.
-- United would bring you your bag, but you elected not to use that service because "If you want something done right, do it yourself..."

And that's a B- on your report card?
Yes. B-. I don’t care how much “free” beer and wine I’m offered if I don’t have my bags when I arrive where I am going.

Seats are 17” wide, thus the issues with my fluffy neighbor. Sorry, 17.3”.
The 777-300ER is not a comfortable plane.

As an airline, you have one basic job to do: get me, and my bags, to my destination, when you say you will get me there.

That didn’t happen.
B-

HuggyU2

None
As an airline, you have one basic job to do: get me, and my bags, to my destination, when you say you will get me there.
B-
Arguing with you is like arguing with a Millennial. So I won't waste my time any further.

Give Asiana a try, maybe it will go better for you.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Arguing with you is like arguing with a Millennial. So I won't waste my time any further.

I hope your next trip on Asiana goes well.
Check seat belt fastened on the visual approach.
You seriously think a late arrival sans luggage is an “A” effort from an airline?
This isn’t some two-bit South American airline where we should applaud every time we land safely because the plane didn’t fall out of the sky.
Your bar for excellence is too low...

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
The 777-300ER is not a comfortable plane.

I'm actually planing on flying on the 777-300ER in two weeks. JFK-GRU. Do you have any advice for me to make my flight better?

I wonder what your preferred plan to ride on is.

I like flying on the ERJ-175/190 and CRJ-700/900 for domestic. You always get an isle or window. And maybe an isle and window if you get first class. Long distance, you can't beat the 787. I like it even in a middle seat in main. My nicest flight ever was First on a Lufthansa A380. That was a whole 'nother level. Of course, I'll take any plane to get me to a cool destination.

Seriously man, this entire thread just is you complaining. Did you resurrect this thread just to talk about your bag being a day late?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I like flying on the ERJ-175/190 and CRJ-700/900 for domestic. You always get an isle or window. And maybe an isle and window if you get first class. Long distance, you can't beat the 787. I like it even in a middle seat in main. My nicest flight ever was First on a Lufthansa A380. That was a whole 'nother level. Of course, I'll take any plane to get me to a cool destination.

Flew first class on an Ethiopian Air A350-900. Pretty damn nice, thought it was better than United international first class.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Flew first class on an Ethiopian Air A350-900. Pretty damn nice, thought it was better than United international first class.

I'm thinking of flying with them in September during my vacation. I have a Marine friend working in the embassy at Addis Ababa. IAD to ADD direct makes it easy for me. I am expecting main, but will cross my fingers. On base a Djibouti (giggle...giggle) is still the only place I have been in Africa.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'm actually planing on flying on the 777-300ER in two weeks. JFK-GRU. Do you have any advice for me to make my flight better?

I wonder what your preferred plan to ride on is.

Seriously man, this entire thread just is you complaining. Did you resurrect this thread just to talk about your bag being a day late?
If I had the $10K to burn I’d have opted for the big seats up front.

I definitely opt for window seats on long flights so I can lean on the wall. Then I look for legroom. I was looking at seating options two weeks ago and nothing in E+ was available that wasn’t in the middle seat.

This guy has a great review, which led me to stick with my window seat in 40A.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/2017/02/where-to-sit-united-777w-economy/amp/

Break break

Yes, I bitch. I was actually impressed with the UA customer service, and said as much. I guess @huggyu2 just didn’t like my letter grade assigned.

Probably a product of me learning to grade from CTS and not MIF...

Pickle

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Arguing with you is like arguing with a Millennial.

What does that even mean? Group an entire generation of people together who are merely a product of their parents' poor parenting and a culture that rewards even the most mediocre achievements and all of the sudden said people all argue the same? Millennials couldn't possibly have an individual thought, idea, or counter-argument? Completely inane, though I applaud you for the effort in trying to make a brash and outlandish statement to dimish whatever pickle was bitching about.

The people who created millennials are the same people who hand out NAMs like candy. I sure as shit haven't signed the bottom of an award yet, nope, that privilege belongs to multiple generations ahead of me.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the good advice. I guess I'll opt for the big seats. I still wonder what you consider a good plane to fly.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Business class or better :D... although intentional premium economy on the 77W doesn’t look terrible.