• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fuck you OPM!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
So I got the letter, but it didn't inform me of the company, it just told me I would receive 3 years of ID theft services. How do I go about contacting someone if something is off?

The letter says ole' Beth had "concern and frustration" which should say instead "humiliation, outrage, dread, and despondency" -- this was a BIG-ASS DEAL not some "hey someone got a list of our customer's email addresses, sorry about that" letter. Doesn't the govt require people to exhaustively detail all extremely personal vulnerabilities? But hey nevermind I just got to this part about as 3 year "offering" of ID protection from someone I've never heard of. Stand corrected.

brownshoe

Contributor
No matter the product - it's always the lowest bidder...

I'm having a very different experience. The "gubmit" assigned Experian (no cost to me) to oversee my account and so far it's been great! I received an email and letter telling me who to contact and how to contact them, the same person will always oversee my account. I actually have a person's real name and direct phone number! They've actually been emailing me and phoning me to discuss recent account activity. Could be a different process for me though as I'm a vetted government contractor. I must admit though, that over the years the Corps of Engineers has been very careful when obtaining personal information; no emails and everything was either hand carried or faxed to a known person.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I figure that with millions of people hosed, they have to wait for their quarterly paper and ink budget to replenish before they can send out each batch of letters to inform the victims. It's gonna be a while before everyone is officially notified but if you had a security clearance in the last decade or so I'd plan on your info being compromised.

jmcquate

Contributor
I guess what pisses me off the most about this matter is that the super grades who run these backwater agencies are only worried about keeping their jobs. These retards would never make it in the real world.............and the reality of the matter is they just don't give a fuck.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I guess what pisses me off the most about this matter is that the super grades who run these backwater agencies are only worried about keeping their jobs. These retards would never make it in the real world.............and the reality of the matter is they just don't give a fuck.

This shouldn't surprise you (us). Was the OPM head really going to do anything about IT security? Well, she would've had to have understood what IT Security was first. When you get your job because you were a campaign foot-soldier with some fairly specific and seemingly attractive demographic checks in the block - well.... you get what you get. Sources at the bottom.

exNavyOffRec

This shouldn't surprise you (us). Was the OPM head really going to do anything about IT security? Well, she would've had to have understood what IT Security was first. When you get your job because you were a campaign foot-soldier with some fairly specific and seemingly attractive demographic checks in the block - well.... you get what you get. Sources at the bottom.

Looking at her background I would say IT security to her is locking her computer when she goes to lunch.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Got mine and the wife got hers as well. Well done OPM. Settings the standards high.