• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From Warrant Officer to Commissioned Officer

JohnH

I am currently studying to retake the OAR as it was a hindrance to my selection for the IDC board recently. Yet as I am preparing an offer has come my way. The Army is taking 350F applicants with a 95% selection rate. I am in the feeder MOS (job) for that position and qualify in all respects. I would become a Warrant Officer 01, all source intelligence technician.

Has any one ever heard of a warrant officer becoming an ensign though? Would this opportunity prove to be problematic if I commission as a Warrant in the next year or so? Would being an Intel warrant make me more appealing for the Navy IDC board?

Thank you for your help.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I haven't been in the Navy very long but my understanding is that warrants who later get regular commissions typically go to 0-3 or higher and it doesn't involve a comissioning program like OCS.