• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From Navy Reserve to Active duty

Dmytro

One question concerns me a lot. I hope somebody can help me to find answer. How one serving in a Reserve who has an approved DD 368 due to applying for OCS can go back to an active duty. I think that my chances to earn a commission will increase significantly if I go and get some experience, recommendetions and so on first as an enlisted active duty member. I was wondering what is the process to go from Reserve to Active duty and do I need to wait until my conditional release expired? Thanks

Dmytro

Thank you!

You can double check on OCS website what you should bring when reporting :

Only for Active duty:

• Military Identification Card
  • Proof of all medals, awards and unit citations
  • Transfer EVAL
  • SMART transcripts
  • Page Two (Record of Emergency Data). -It would be acceptable if you re-signed the two copies of the current page 2 on the last page under your previous signature. Your new signature means that there are no changes to the current page 2, and that it is up-to-date. After your new signature, put today's date.
Additional Requirements For Prior Military Service Only:

• All DD-214's
  • Point Capture Sheet (Reservists only)
  • All DD-368
  • NGB-22 (National Guard only)
  • Page Two (Record of Emergency Data). -It would be acceptable if you re-signed the two copies of the current page 2 on the last page under your previous signature. Your new signature means that there are no changes to the current page 2, and that it is up-to-date. After your new signature, put today's date.
  • Last PSD Point of Contact info (POC Name/Phone/Fax/and Address)
  • http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_requiredpaperwork.asp

Workingoutsidemyfield

You can double check on OCS website what you should bring when reporting :

Only for Active duty:

• Military Identification Card
  • Proof of all medals, awards and unit citations
  • Transfer EVAL
  • SMART transcripts
Additional Requirements For Prior Military Service Only:

• All DD-214's
  • Point Capture Sheet (Reservists only)
  • All DD-368
  • NGB-22 (National Guard only)
  • Last PSD Point of Contact info (POC Name/Phone/Fax/and Address)
  • http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_requiredpaperwork.asp

LOL, you see why this information can throw a person like myself off? I have read this plenty of times. Note for active duty, I have a military ID, transfer evals, smart transcripts, page twos, proof of all medals and awards and basically everything for the active duty side. I have been in 9 years this march, all reserve, but more active days. Now for the section below for prior service members, I am a reservist. I have everything in that sections except for the DD368 and the NGB-22 for the National Guard. It is ok, my point of contact stated because of my ADSW orders, no one asked for me to obtain one. Thank you.

Casey81

@Workingoutsidemyfield: I know this is an old thread but I'm now in the same boat. I'm currently MOBed and was accepted to OCS. Did you have to complete your ADSW before going to OCS? What kind of orders were you on at OCS?

Thanks.