• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Frigate runs aground

ssnspoon

Get a brace!
pilot
Another example of the cost v benefit of deploying on these...possibly less flying, but more liberty! My first deployment had the rudder fall off in the med and we had a month in Rota over Christmas in the middle of cruise!

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Less flight hours is almost the norm these days. I know those guys were not getting much.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Yawn.

This boat is extremely long in the tooth for several reasons. My question would be "So what"? Some aircraft in the fleet are nearly as expensive to keep running.

ssnspoon

Get a brace!
pilot
well, in their defense (shoes, I mean...and this is not REALLY meant as a defense) when aircraft run aground, the results are often fairly extensive too.

Renegade One

None
I know…I know…

"Every chart provided is perfect…and perfectly accurate…even if no one has actually surveyed the strait/channel/harbor for a decade". Yeah. Works for me. Trust and confidence are at the core of what we do.

"Every time you scrape the paint…there may be dozens of mitigating factors…but every one of them was squarely within the Commanding Officer's swim lane to ORM or otherwise control". Yeah. Except the whole channel survey thingie...

"The CO is ALWAYS accountable." Yeah, apparently so. That truth will never change.

It's just a too-easy way out… but I roger up to the fact that there's probably more to the story.