• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French Navy

Renegade One

None
Merci! Very nice...what's the mountainous terrain in the video?

Bonne chasse! Méfiez-vous des Huns sous le soleil!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The French have a great aviation history, and are also great fans of US Naval Air. When both countries flew the F-8 Crusader, I understand the annual Crusader Ball once held in Paris was the best of all over the many years it was held. And that is saying something!

Zephyr Editions out of Paris publishes unique books in French of our Navy aircraft flying in Vietnam. I recently was asked to write a forward for their latest book, pictured below. It is a hardbound and expensive combination of comic strip combat illustrations over North Vietnam and our Naval Aviation history of that era with many classic photos of our ships, aircraft, and men.

Linky

Don't worry about the "Air Forces" title. It is all NavAir, and is all in French.

julien22.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Um...any chance you could give us an "English Version" of your Forward on this thread? :)
I can't vouch for the French translation. But here is an early rough draft (I don't still have the final draft, but it was similar):

The dangerous and climactic air war in the skies over North Vietnam ended thirty-nine years ago. Yet for the aircrews involved, the memories of deadly air combat still linger vividly today. As a young and eager Naval Aviator and F-4B fighter pilot age 25, I entered the war flying off the USS Midway first in 1971. I returned again in 1972, accumulating 197 combat missions until the war's end in 1973.
This book is a very pleasant surprise to me in several ways. First is unique in that it very much captures what I personally experienced, and in a very special way that no other book can. I remember when I was young reading a cartoon that had the then new F-4s flying in it. I loved the aircraft and the excitement of flying! Little did I know that someday I really would be so fortunate as to fly it. In a similar way this book reignites that same wonderful excitement in me. But now it is the special memory rather than the anticipation.
The recreation here of our air war is quite accurate in general and even in detail. It takes me back to earlier and exciting days in a way no other book can. But what are extraordinary are the illustrations. They capture the essence of all I remember. The scenes are familiar, and they jump right off the page to me, dynamically. The colors are the colors I so well remember of the sky, the land, and our machines. It accurately presents a key and challenging, but most exciting part of my life.
Unfortunately I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Julien Lepelletier in person. However we have collaborated for some time over the Internet about this book and my experiences with emails and video. It has indeed been my honor to answer his questions and provide some support for this book.
julien4aw.jpg

Angelusky

Thank you for your comments sirs I am happy that the video pleases you. I allows me to post you my quite last which I hope for it you will also like (sorry for my English) ^^

Enjoy ! ;)

Angelusky

Hello to all

I allow I to wish a Happy New Year to you 2014 :)

I allows me to post you my quite last realization hoping that it pleases you :)

Good flight :)