• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French ambushed East of Kabul/10 KIA

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
While I've never been a fan of the French, it sucks hearing about allied soldiers KIA'd. God Bless 'em.

busdriver

None
Never confuse the French military's will to fight with their political will to fight. If our exchange officer is indicative of the French military as a whole, they want into the fight. Let me tell you, he wants to deploy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
French special forces, along with those from New Zealand, Norway, Canada and Australia (among others), have all provided excellent service in Afghanistan at one time or another.

skidz

adrenaline junky
Don't forget about the French Foreign Legion and willingness to fight and the history to prove it.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
From the little experience I have, the French provide a ton of support from their intelligence agencies, more so than most of the other European countries.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I've only heard good things about the French military and the French Air force... even that some of them disagree with the politics in their own Nation. Their pilots have been described to me as consumate professionals.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've only heard good things about the French military and the French Air force... even that some of them disagree with the politics in their own Nation. Their pilots have been described to me as consumate professionals.

The Frenchies in my API class were real cool, and very different from the French stereotype. Too bad we don't get the Tucano for our primary....
tucano.jpg