• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

free time in a-pool

steeleshark2

None
News Flash, your job isnt to be in the civil air patrol, its to be a naval officer. Stucon could give 2 sh!ts about weather or not you are staying current with your GA flying, you know why? Because they arent going to let you do it anyways, and as far as they are concerned whats safer, you doing general aviaiton enough to keep current or you not flying GA at all? Not flying at all. You crazy kids enjoy your paid vacation because the second you class up your going to wish you were back in the a pool, and that is the truth. And by the way if you need a job, become a counselor to young women (18-22) of questionable morals like every other a pool ensign.
NEWS FLASH I do not know who you are calling a kid since I have been in 12 years and going as a Warrant Officer. I was just saying that it was a ridiculous rule if it were true since they even make you do IFS with the civilians. To dangerous for you to pay but not to dangerous if the military pays. Second, riding a motorcycle is more dangerous then GA. They do not ban motorcycles. Someone that has done GA for a while and even owned a plane, that is just uncalled for.

steeleshark2

None
Keep in mind that there's a difference between the cited "flight training," and plain old GA. Presumably, if you're not upgrading your ticket, you're not "training."

Brett
Yeah, I am hoping in A-pool to finish my commercial, multi and CFI while doing courses from Utah State Valley College for a BA as a professional pilot. I guess I will have to see when I get there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm almost postive we were told this on Day Zero of API....in December. I suppose things change.

I don't doubt it's policy for API/Schools Command. But afterwards, I don't know that it's as strict.

NEWS FLASH I do not know who you are calling a kid since I have been in 12 years and going as a Warrant Officer. I was just saying that it was a ridiculous rule if it were true since they even make you do IFS with the civilians. To dangerous for you to pay but not to dangerous if the military pays. Second, riding a motorcycle is more dangerous then GA. They do not ban motorcycles. Someone that has done GA for a while and even owned a plane, that is just uncalled for.

Ah, ha. The first one of your kind we've seen. Congrats on the selection. As for "ridiculous rule," welcome back to the training command, and it's not so ridiculous. Part of the distinction between IFS and doing GA on your own is that IFS is your appointed place of duty, so if you're hurt, you're covered. If you're flying GA on your own or riding your motorcycle and get hurt, there's certainly going to be a command inquiry as to the how's and why's. Since the name of the game right now is minimizing risk, no matter the "cost," it's easy for NASC to ixnay personal flight training, if that is still the rule.

steeleshark2

None
I don't doubt it's policy for API/Schools Command. But afterwards, I don't know that it's as strict.

Ah, ha. The first one of your kind we've seen. Congrats on the selection. As for "ridiculous rule," welcome back to the training command, and it's not so ridiculous. Part of the distinction between IFS and doing GA on your own is that IFS is your appointed place of duty, so if you're hurt, you're covered. If you're flying GA on your own or riding your motorcycle and get hurt, there's certainly going to be a command inquiry as to the how's and why's. Since the name of the game right now is minimizing risk, no matter the "cost," it's easy for NASC to ixnay personal flight training, if that is still the rule.

LOL, it got me a little ticked hearing that. Anyway, I just found some posts that people currently in A-Pool are starting to work on PPL. So, I think the rule is only during IFS. But as I said, I will have to find out when I get there in March. Ohh yeah, I have been an instructor at a training command for the past 3 years. We have no rules like that at Trident Training Facility here in Kingsbay, Ga.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL, it got me a little ticked hearing that. Anyway, I just found some posts that people currently in A-Pool are starting to work on PPL. So, I think the rule is only during IFS. But as I said, I will have to find out when I get there in March. Ohh yeah, I have been an instructor at a training command for the past 3 years. We have no rules like that at Trident Training Facility here in Kingsbay, Ga.

Just stand by for a change in perspective. CNATRA is a different animal, but it wont last forever. ;) FWIW, I went from being a 1st class to a flight student peon, so also stand by for some humility instilling experiences. Your fleet salt will pay off once you're back in the fleet.

Brett

steeleshark2

None
Just stand by for a change in perspective. CNATRA is a different animal, but it wont last forever. ;) FWIW, I went from being a 1st class to a flight student peon, so also stand by for some humility instilling experiences. Your fleet salt will pay off once you're back in the fleet.

Brett
Yeah, in the sub force humility never stops. Hell look at what I have to go through at Newport next month at Mustang University. Looks like back to boot camp for 5 weeks. Anyway, keeping a good attitude and I will do whatever I have too. If they allow me to fly though, I will be a lot happier :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, in the sub force humility never stops. Hell look at what I have to go through at Newport next month at Mustang University. Looks like back to boot camp for 5 weeks. Anyway, keeping a good attitude and I will do whatever I have too. If they allow me to fly though, I will be a lot happier :)

I'm certain it's better than OCS. :D

Brett

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Ok... well it sounds like everyone has done an nice job of quashing my dreams of picking up some weekend flights (no night, not working hours). But I'm a CFI too.... so does that mean I'm cleared to go and train IFS (I did it before at the academy)... since they are going to go let an A-pooler go an take a lesson from an instructor with 250TT (for the record I have more than 250 hours, I'm leaving it there though)...If a student if good to go to take the lesson from an FAA instructor.... which I am... my guess is the navy will tell me no, i cant even go teach IFS... ha... what a country. I agree with the whole motorcycle thing, as I spent a year out of ROTC because of an accident, probably how I missed out on all that beer... but whatever... I wont die on this hill but I'll certainly try when I get there....Dont get me wrong I'm all about corrupting the women of tomorrow, and all that jazz, I just dont see how its better to have me stick my thumb up my a$$ for 4 months... I really dont care about the money...I'll donate it or something, it's more an issue of idle hands are the devils playground....

steeleshark2

None
I have no clue. The first class is in the new course right now. It started Jan 8th. You can read the gripes about it on NKO in the forum stating "What do you think about Mustang U moving to Newport". Anyway, its something new and of course has bugs that need to be worked out.