• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free Peterson's ASTB legit online practice test

Ehoward10

Thanks a lot for this link! I will be taking the ASTB on Tuesday so it was nice to see that I needed a lot more work on the Mechanical section. I'll post my score here when I'm done so people can judge what they might get based on this test. It would be nice to hear how close this is to the real thing aside from the Spatial section which is different now.

upload_2016-1-7_22-34-24.png

jramus

Ehoward10, so is the 65 score in your Sig from the one you just took a few weeks ago?

So far I have been studying Khan Academy (like seriously starting from the basics with fractions and decimals), so I didn't know ANY of the math on these samples and skipped all the ones I couldn't narrow down to 50/50 and got a 33. Pretty bad, but since I haven't taken a math class in like 8 years I wasn't surprised.

74 on the reading, which I haven't studied any "tips" on taking these yet so hopefully that bumps up too.

Still want to at least spend like 3-5 hours looking over mechanical stuff before taking that one.

Ehoward10

Ehoward10, so is the 65 score in your Sig from the one you just took a few weeks ago?

So far I have been studying Khan Academy (like seriously starting from the basics with fractions and decimals), so I didn't know ANY of the math on these samples and skipped all the ones I couldn't narrow down to 50/50 and got a 33. Pretty bad, but since I haven't taken a math class in like 8 years I wasn't surprised.

74 on the reading, which I haven't studied any "tips" on taking these yet so hopefully that bumps up too.

Still want to at least spend like 3-5 hours looking over mechanical stuff before taking that one.
jramus,

Yes the score in my sig is from last week. I'd say that this practice test gives you a good idea of what you will see on the test. The reading and mechanical are very similar, and the math is pretty close too. The actual test has a lot of rate problems and solving algebraic expressions. I also got a matrix multiplication question. I mostly used this forum for study materials as the books I got weren't particularly helpful. Look around the 1001 ASTB questions thread and you'll find some really useful study guides that help you prepare for the math and mechanical sections. I'd also recommend Cliffnotes Math Review for Standardized Tests book to brush up on some of the fundamental math concepts. Good luck.

jramus

That's awesome to find out. I got a 74 on the mechanical with no studying which gave me some confidence. Then I figured that it must be super easy compared to the real thing and came back here to ask you about it but you already answered it for me!

I do know I need to study pulley and leverage questions, but the rest seemed simple to me. Pretty happy overall, 6 weeks should be plenty to get my math game up.

You're only 21?! That is awesome, hit the ground running hard after OCS and you will end up being a mover and shaker one day!

Ehoward10

That's awesome to find out. I got a 74 on the mechanical with no studying which gave me some confidence. Then I figured that it must be super easy compared to the real thing and came back here to ask you about it but you already answered it for me!

I do know I need to study pulley and leverage questions, but the rest seemed simple to me. Pretty happy overall, 6 weeks should be plenty to get my math game up.

You're only 21?! That is awesome, hit the ground running hard after OCS and you will end up being a mover and shaker one day!
You should be good for the mechanical section then. Out of all of the sections in this practice test, that one is the closest to the real thing. There weren't any questions that required calculations, pretty much all intuition based on a few basic physics principles. Unfortunately the math section was significantly harder than this test. Just know how to solve rate and work problems, radicals, and probability and you won't be surprised by anything. The reading section was actually the easiest for me and it doesn't really require any studying which is nice so you can just focus on the math.

jay_navy

Is the 'Aviation and nautical' information test found In Peterson's online ASTB practice close to the actual test?
I didn't find it too hard at all.

Chris94

CWO selected
http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=_36014
This was extremely helpful! Hopefully, when I take it in a month I'll be better prepared.

So the best way I was explained... I threw this together at work real quick. Sorry for any typos, also use at your own discretion. What worked for me may not work for others.

Uav_examples.png

Trig

Hey everyone I'm sorry if this is a re-post in any sort of way, I'm just eager to share what I came across.

http://www.petersonspublishing.com/OfficerCandidate

If you click on that link it will take over to the Peterson's Publishing account creation webpage. But it's 100% free and it will give you a mock online ASTB practice test that's timed and everything. I haven't taken the practice test yet but none-the-less it will be a good way to practice the timed portion.

View attachment 15424

Let me know if any of you guys have used this in the past and if its helpful or not.

Thanks, Joel!
-----------
Anyone else having troubles accessing the Peterson test? It keeps telling me the activation code will be emailed shortly but my inbox and spam are empty.

abctotheabc

So if you were taking the actual test would 72 be your ultimate score?

No. These tests online are fixed and scoring is done differently. The real test is a lot different than this. It can cut a section short and provide you questions based on your knowledge and ability to complete easier or harder problems.

kdubel

Hey everyone I'm sorry if this is a re-post in any sort of way, I'm just eager to share what I came across.

http://www.petersonspublishing.com/OfficerCandidate

If you click on that link it will take over to the Peterson's Publishing account creation webpage. But it's 100% free and it will give you a mock online ASTB practice test that's timed and everything. I haven't taken the practice test yet but none-the-less it will be a good way to practice the timed portion.

View attachment 15424

Let me know if any of you guys have used this in the past and if its helpful or not.

Thanks, Joel!
Hi Joel,

I'm probably doing something wrong, however, when I clicked on the link and made an account it brought me to an AFOQT practice exam instead of the ASTB. Is the link above not the right link? Thank you in advance!

Meyerkord

pilot
Hi Joel,

I'm probably doing something wrong, however, when I clicked on the link and made an account it brought me to an AFOQT practice exam instead of the ASTB. Is the link above not the right link? Thank you in advance!
Just FYI, that person hasn't logged in for over 2 years now.