• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free online book: Arco's Military Flight Aptitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

jburnes

I've been reading a lot of posts about people looking for more study guides for the astb. I ended up on some army page (which i'm guessing that most of you don't visit) and found a free download copy of Arco's Military Flight Aptitude Tests. The ASTB is the last section of the .pdf file (total book is about 378 pages and about 5 megs) After you open it just make sure to save a copy of it so you don't have to download it again. Some of the questions are the same as the sample that is posted on this site, but not too many.

http://www.petersons.com/army/books.asp

I'm not sure if the book can be uploaded to this site or not due to copyrights and all that.

ElPensador

You can download Arco's book for free??? I shelled out $25 for it! What a rip.

JBurnes, there's an Excel spreadsheet on one of the Navy sites that show what the weighted score would be. I dunno where it is, but I guess I could e-mail it to you. I think I saved it somewhere.

jburnes

I dont know what version of adobe you guys have, but i have v6.0....and so when i click on the book link and it opens up a new explorer window with the acrobat tool bar, there is a button on the acrobat tool bar that says "save a copy"

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, you can save it but you can only veiw the electronic version....NO PRINTING allowed :(
ea6bflyr

JKD

The message I get on the top frame of the webpage is:

To Print this PDF, select the "Thumbnails" tab on the left side of the document.
Click on the top Thumbnail dropdown.
Click "Print Pages..." .

My tool bar disappears, so it doesn't look like my version of the reader will allow it to be saved.

jburnes

well there are two ways that the .pdf file can open. 1. internet explorer opens a new window and you view the df through internet explorer, or 2. acrobat opens and you view the pdf through the actual acrobat program.

i have v5.0 at work and 6.0 at home...and so i think if you make sure to open the file using method 2 you will be able to save.

as for printing...i was able to print pages...maybe what everyone should do here is just upgrade to 6.0....it takes like 45 minutes at dial-up speed...

stats

i tried to get the book but whenever i click on the link i just get directed to a page that says i need to get adobe 5.0...i downloaded 5.0 and i still get the same page.

does anyone have a suggestion on this? i recently purchased the book two days ago but i'll return it if i can get the online copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.