• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fourth Class Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

guish06

Hey,
I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who might be able to offer advice. I'm a fourth-class right now, been set on going into the Navy and flying for generally my whole life, and at the moment I'm seriously thinking of dropping the program once the year is up. My issue isn't with the work or fear of anything; I'm just into politics and law, going to a really good school for those subjects, and I'm starting to wonder if I should focus on law school, etc. instead of the Navy. If anyone out there has been in the same spot or can offer some insight on how they think their Navy vs. other stuff decision has panned out, I'd appreciate a comment.

Thanks,
Max

boobytrapper

I was in the same boat as you. Wanted to fly for the navy my whole life, but for some reason decided In my mid teens I wanted to have an uber bank account and a few of my own planes, so I was set my sights on being an I banker. Then I got my first job in the investment industry when I was twenty. It took me three seconds to realize money would never give me . I quit three days later and went to my local FBO to start flight lessons. I'm broke as joke now, and I probably will be for a long time, but being a Naval Aviator will more than make up for it. Every time I see a restored P-51 it makes me want the Ibanking mega$, but you only live once so I don't want to spend my life at a desk in the middle of NY.

Don't know if that helps but good luck anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.