• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Four shot dead in Coronado,CA

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Paper is saying it might be a murder/suicide. Who is the fourth person? This just sucks all around.

Planeform

pilot
Very terrible news...I met him in my second year of college and had nearly every class with him right up to graduation day. He finally talked some sense into me and got me to fix my eyes and join up. I'm getting close to selecting now out of primary and he had been telling me all about how jet advanced was...this is a huge tragedy. Sorry to all others that knew him, we all knew the same great guy. I'm especially sorrowful for his family, I hope they can find peace somehow through this horrific event. RIP David and Karen, and other Navy brother...I didn't know Bob, but I wish his family the very best.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Paper is saying it might be a murder/suicide. Who is the fourth person? This just sucks all around.
Bunk,
Three people identified, but fourth has not been released (31 year old Chula Vista man).

-ea6bflyr

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Getting into LAX then carpooling is my plan. The airport in Bakersfield has limited options if you plan on flying.

Also, ribbons or medals?

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
A bunch of us going I think are wearing ribbons. Medals to me are more for joyous formal ceremonies.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If you guys aren't sure about uniforms and ribbons vs medals, then over the next couple days you might want to check with the squadron. For something like this, the front office will usually come out with uniform guidance for the members of the command- and you can simply follow that in good conscience.

81montedriver

pilot
Knew Bob from API, we were in the same study group together. Very smart guy and had tons of potential. Like some of the guys said, the job we sign up for has its risks, but it kills you to hear someone get killed like these 4 peopel did. RIP.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Police in San Diego have ruled bob's death a suicide, the other three homicides. Unbelievable.

GroundPounder

News is saying the pilot John Robert Reeves was a suicide while the other three were murdered. I assume that means he murdered the other three. What a waste and why?

I have been to suicides as well as murder/suicides where a motive has never become apparent. Most of the time, there are incidents and circumstances where the actions of the suspect/victim are explainable by a set of circumstances that led them to believe that suicide was the only way out. In other cases I have seen, there was literally nothing that was discovered that would lead any reasonable person to think that an event such as this would ever take place.

To the families of all involved, nothing is going to make this " better " , however in my experience having a reason to why what happened is preferable than to never know what the reasons were.

Bevo16

pilot
As a general statment and for wardrobe planning purposes:

Per DoDI 1300.15 (google it, and go to chapter 4.7 if you want the specifics), there are no military funeral honors when someone has committed a capital crime. I would expect that only one of these funerals will be a military ceremony where the uniform would be appropriate.