• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Posting: Wardroom Rules in Effect

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fellow Air Warriors, the hopefuls and chosen few,

Some rambling thoughts from your webmaster:

WAR ZONE. Forum posting has recently gotten out of hand with respect to certain controversial topics. While the War Zone does say "unmoderated", it is still an extension of this website and under my and the moderators purvue.

WARDROOM RULES. That being said, all the commissioned officers on this website are familiar with Wardroom Rules, but to update those of you on here who are unfamiliar:

We need to get back to wardroom rules. No politics, no religion and no wives...but girlfriends are fair game.

"Oh webmaster, what does that mean?" you ask smartly... Those topics are well known to get everyone in an uproar, and get the tempers flaring. There HAVE beens some good topics on politics and religion on this website... maybe one or two regarding wives (but those have a place in the PSC, I keed)... The mods do a great job of reeling those threads in, and stopping them before they get out of hand. So, basically, those thread topics are out of bounds, and are subject to "summary deletion" by the mod squad...

I will also, add and reiterate. To keep this website from being diluted, and on topic... Posts in the public forums need to be in some way connected to Naval Aviation, Marine Corps or the miliary in general.

DELETED POSTS and INFRACTIONS. Some of the tools at the disposal of the mods (yes, yes, some of them are O4s)... But the other tools are either a deletion of post or giving a poster an "infraction" to notify them of what they did wrong. "Sally" keep your skirt down, and don't get bent out of shape if we delete one of your threads OR the infraction. The mods discuss posts, and what we need to do to keep the website on track. Infractions mean nothing in the real scheme of things, and won't help you get that mocha at Starbucks, they just help us run and keep track of this website. If you have a problem, report a post to get it flagged for all mods to see it and your comments. Or PM any of the Admins to assist. Granted, we all work for the man, so give us time to look into it, and answer the question.

Regarding YOUTUBE or posts to funny videos. Good god, resist the urge to increase your post count. The occassional one is fine and dandy, but some of you out there live to post these videos, restrain yourself lest we do it for you.

THE GOLDEN RULE, aka EXCEPTION TO ALL ABOVE... If you can pull it off, or in some way can present something else in a humorous or off handed way, go for it. As in any wardroom, humor and timing are EVERYTHING. But be prepared to get your ass handed to you.

Seriously though, the website is doing well, and welcome to all the new members. We have had some excellent, and well thought out first posts lately. And quite a few members (active and retired) sporting the Wings of Gold are now added to our ranks. A hearty welcome aboard Air Warriors, we are glad to have you here.

College students, Middies and hopefuls, keep those questions coming. The Search function is always handy, but some of the material changes and your question may help yourself and many others out. Keep charging towards those goals, and as Wink would say "cut that cord!!".

SNAs and SNFOs... unless you are in an A or C pool, what the hell are you doing on the website right now, you should be studying or drinking some beer!!

Salty dog retirees and fellow active duty warriors, damn glad to have you all here, mentoring the next generation and swapping tall tales.

BTW, you all are behind on your dues... I keed.

Mahalo,

John

Webmaster
Airwarriors.com

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Once we teach these Juniors and wannabes the basics of Ready Room/Wardroom discussion etiquette (i.e., no politics, religion, or women in the RR -- however, I guess you need to include "some" women nowadays, as they're members of the Ready/Ward rooms ...:) ) ....

.... We can go on to offer an "advanced degree" in their Ready Room military education: How to stick another squadron member in the back while smiling in his/(her) face .....
:eek:

When properly executed, it's an art form.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I guess my only concern is that I would miss the discussion of politics with AW members. I've learned a lot about people's perspectives, and am delighted that everyone brings something different to the table. Some of this has modified my political opinions, some have strengthened it. I just don't want to lose a good outlet for information; whether it's links or discussion, I take a lot away from what is said on here. I understand it wouldn't be appropriate for ready room discussion, but isn't there a spot for some political discussion on a bulliten board?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How often should we pay dues? I thought I went with the lifetime option, but I'm more than happy to throw more duckets AW's way...
Phrog, I posted the "behind in your dues" as tongue in cheek. You and many others have been more than generous in your support of the website, both as contributors and as moderators. There is most definitely not an expectation on my part for a contribution, and I will reiterate, that I do not want any donations from any college or highschool students making their way. If the site has been useful to you, and years later while you are in the pipeline or Fleet and want to throw a couple bones for server and software fees my way, go for it. If not, no biggy. What little I can do on my side is marking you as a contributor, and making it so that you don't see those annoying google ads. Clear as mud? lol....

John

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
SWO training, say it isn't so!

.... We can go on to offer an "advanced degree" in their Ready Room military education: How to stick another squadron member in the back while smiling in his/(her) face ..... :eek:

When properly executed, it's an art form.
So, Steve and Phrog'sWife will instruct us in the art of "stab, stab, twist" as the resident experts?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
dues...

John,
Hope I caught up a little. Let me know, as a former wardroom mess treasurer, I feel your pain.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Okay, now that John has been magnanimous and properly pc.....

All you guys with wings under your name or in the VTs - pony up $5 or $10 bucks. This place doesn't run on goodwill alone.

BTW, John is completely sincere in his above post. On the other hand, so am I. Running this place isn't free and it gives us all hours of entertainment as well as providing good gouge. Don't be a cheap skate.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I guess my only concern is that I would miss the discussion of politics with AW members. I've learned a lot about people's perspectives, and am delighted that everyone brings something different to the table. Some of this has modified my political opinions, some have strengthened it. I just don't want to lose a good outlet for information; whether it's links or discussion, I take a lot away from what is said on here. I understand it wouldn't be appropriate for ready room discussion, but isn't there a spot for some political discussion on a bulliten board?

Its great reading the forums too, until it turns into a major raucus (ie the Romney thread) and jabs are being thrown each way.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I am guilty of most of these transgressions myself...(i.e. political bickering that can devolve in to loss of decorum)and I apologize. I will still post a gratuitous youtube bit from time to time. Virtual check inbound.