• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum is back online

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ok, I just finished the easy part, upgrading the forum software to 3.5. Now the hard part of re-installing all the mods begins... and those other mods that I have to wait for them to upgrade to 3.5.

So, you will probably notice a number of features missing, and new ones added (especially the moderators).

Right now I notice that the ranking system is all jacked up, and displaying multiple usergroups for mods and supermods...

Anyways, here is what 3.5 does for you:.
The following is a rough summary of what has changed between vBulletin 3.0.x and 3.5.0

• Product/Plugin system with over 550 'hook' locations strategically placed in the code. Allows modification and extension of vBulletin without physical alteration of the vBulletin PHP scripts.
  • Inline moderation allows multiple threads or posts to be have moderation actions performed without a visit to the admin or moderator control panels
  • Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes
  • Thread title editing on forumdisplay via AJAX
  • Thread opening and closing on forumdisplay via AJAX
  • Super-Quick Reply on showthread via AJAX
  • Inline post edit on showthread via AJAX
  • Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user via AJAX
  • Data manipulation APIs (Data Manager) for centralized data saving
  • Template History & Comparison for easy tracking of changes
  • Database-based thread and forum read marking
  • MySQL Full Text Search
  • Additional Datastore Storage Methods
  • SMTP Mail Wrapper
  • MySQLi Wrapper
  • PHPDoc'd Source Code
  • Moderator log language abstraction
  • Webkit support for style manager color picker
  • ImageMagick 6 Support (alternative to GD)
  • Calendar events support start/end times
  • Custom avatar and profile picture resizing
  • Profile pictures can be saved to filesystem
  • Statistics ordering
  • Each attachment image type can be individually set to generate thumbnails or not
  • Each attachment image type can be individually set to open in a new window or not
  • Moderated posts and threads do not contribute to post count until approved
  • Language chooser in footer
  • New bbcode parser now corrects invalid tag nesting to ensure valid HTML
  • New

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Stuff I am working on:

- Upgrading the front page
- Add back the airwarriors graphic to the top of the forum
- Add back the various search options besides new posts

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
bennett4362 said:
hmm, i notice when editing my post, it doesn't give me the option to delete it...
Check it again, mine offered the option to delete, which should please most of you if I chose to use it.

By the way, Web-San .... I continue to show one unread PM which, of course, has been opened and read. I seems to now be the default position for me ..... ???? Or am I just CRAZY ... ???

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Probably the latter...

Doing stuff with the database... when I get done with everything I will run the admin clean up routines probably on monday, that should clear up any residual problems, tell me then if you still show it.

John

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm having some issues w/ navigating and speed. It's taking forever to load a page, and I'm getting about a 60% completion rate. Sometimes, when it doesn't load, I'll refresh, and I'll be taken back to the main sections listing.

Also, sometimes the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" will work, but sometimes it's saying the search function doesn't work. Some of this may be in work, but figured I'd report in.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
gatordev said:
I'm having some issues w/ navigating and speed. It's taking forever to load a page, and I'm getting about a 60% completion rate. Sometimes, when it doesn't load, I'll refresh, and I'll be taken back to the main sections listing.

Also, sometimes the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" will work, but sometimes it's saying the search function doesn't work. Some of this may be in work, but figured I'd report in.
gatordev, don't know what your problems are... right now the forum is straight stick vanilla, without any major alterations in it (those are coming later this weekend)... I have only installed 3 minor changes that did not effect any major pieces of code... sooo....

What I do want you (and everyone else to check) is make sure that you do not have any of the following in the top NAVIGATION bar to click on:

CHAT, HOME, etc....

This would signify that you are using the OLD style, that would cause you all sorts of grief, and not work correctly. I disabled that style for all users, but maybe a mod or supermod might be able to keep viewing it.

You should be able to change it at the bottom of the website.

John

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No, the "ranking" system changed, and stacks the ranks... so still need to update the stars for the mods, supermods, and admin... that is at the bottom of the list.

John

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Jenmarie said:
John, You're awesome! I don't know how you do all of this!
Yes, yes .... I can only agree. You're AWESOME !!!!!

apo001ej43343443345lp.jpg

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
bennett4362 said:
i still don't see the delete option!

this custom picture resizing is AWESOME!!!!!
Didn't realize there was picture resizing, thats cool... I figure there are a lot of features that I will find over the next week or so.