• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fort Worth Alliance Airshow

Flugelman

Contributor
Great Air Show, I had a great time and took tons of photos. It was great to meet scoolbubba, now I have a face for the name. Here are a few pictures, more will follow later.

A-1ESkyRaider.jpg

A-1E Sky Raider
AE 606 photos

Great photos!

Not to be a dick, but that's a T-28. Can't tell if it's a B or C, tho. The Navy was using them as primary trainers as late as '82 when I retired at Corpus.

LowWingLoad

Here are a few of mine from the show.

Attachments

• IMG_8477.JPG
    IMG_8477.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8490.jpg
    IMG_8490.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8554.jpg
    IMG_8554.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8559.jpg
    IMG_8559.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8531.jpg
    IMG_8531.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 13

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Great photos!

Not to be a dick, but that's a T-28. Can't tell if it's a B or C, tho. The Navy was using them as primary trainers as late as '82 when I retired at Corpus.
I had help last night while I was trying to post, help of the 4 pawed furry kind that is.

I went back and checked other photos and it is indeed a T-28B.

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
My big bitch is those big stupid blow up toys, why the F*%# would you put them in the area that should be for viewing? :confused:

yak52driver

Contributor
Agreed, the airshow was pretty awesome today. Between all the static displays and the Fat Albert JATO takeoff, a good time was had by all. By the way, you've got a pretty sweet ride there scoolbubba. Racks and a kitchen? What more could you want/need?:D

JATO? I had read that they were going to discontinue the Fat Albert JATO takeoffs for budget/availability reasons depending on the story. Glad to hear they are still doing them. Great pictures to those that posted them, thanks!

Alpha_Echo_606

Contributor
JATO? I had read that they were going to discontinue the Fat Albert JATO takeoffs for budget/availability reasons depending on the story. Glad to hear they are still doing them. Great pictures to those that posted them, thanks!
They will finish the season off with one JATO performance per show weekend; after seasons end they will no longer have a JATO show. This is the last year and time is running out if you haven't seen the JATO portion. :(

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

FatAlbertJATO-1.jpg

DSC_0057-1.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

AE 606 photos

yak52driver

Contributor
^^^^^^^^ I was at the Janesville, WI Blues performance earlier this summer, but Fat Albert didn't use JATOs for takeoff. The word then was they weren't doing them for budget reasons. Glad they at least get to finish the season, bummer that I missed getting to see it! :icon_rage

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Just got back. Got to meet a bunch of dudes from Airwarriors, drank a ton of great beer (check our Rahr Breweries in Ft Worth if you get a chance), watched a rodeo, and caught a ride on Fat Albert. If you're at an airshow and have the chance to ride along for the C-130 demo, I'd recommend it. I'll put some pics up later but I'm gonna nap it out for a little while.

Most common question: "So you guys actually flew this here?"
Internal Monologue: "nah, we unbolted the wings and put it on a flatbed while we made plane sounds"
Me: "yep. this is a very capable aircraft, and is completely airworthy"