• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Former Hornet Driver Flies Cross country In Cessna 172 for Fox News

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I did it in a slower aircraft, a Bowers Fly Baby...best flying trip I have ever had, hands down. Real flying, cool little airports, constant need for solid airmanship.

I had to look that one up, that would be a fun trip. What legs would it have?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
You can’t put lipstick on a pig and call her hot. This woman is attractive, with or without the help of Fox. Besides, nobody faults you for braces when you have straight teeth!

Certainly, and I did not call her a pig. really I just think it’s comical how Fox overdoes it, IMO.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Certainly, and I did not call her a pig. really I just think it’s comical how Fox overdoes it, IMO.

She had a similar look as a reporter in San Diego. Fox just adds the "high lights blow out any imperfections" look.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I averaged about 105 kts and roughly 325nm with a full bag. I had no electrics at the time so it was all day VFR. Camping under the wing at some airfields was actually more fun than I expected.

That is pretty cool! The guy I flew the SNJ with at TPS told me people would pay to fly with him when he ferries the plane to and from Pax. It’s cool flying it but so uncomfortable.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Why the hate here for her? So what, she had issues in the jet. I’ve know guys that have had similar issues as well. And were scary as hell to fly with. This job isn’t for everyone and at least she can say she did it. Landing a jet on a boat isn’t easy and she did it. Near ramp strike? Ok, how about the guys that had a ramp strike? Why dig up some bullshit past. Let bygones be bygones. She’s doing well enough now. Why can’t we be happy for a fellow tail hooker that’s made good in a post Navy career? Anyways... just my .02

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's not a matter of hating her, but knowing her background and experience level speaks to her credibility when speaking as a SME on military issues. If given a choice, I would rather listen to a patch wearer who has been there and done that, than someone who couldn't hack it and washed out in their first tour. That doesn't make the latter a bad person, just less credible than the former.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I averaged about 105 kts and roughly 325nm with a full bag. I had no electrics at the time so it was all day VFR. Camping under the wing at some airfields was actually more fun than I expected.
I didn't realize a Fly Baby was that fast (seriously). I know they're faster than a Pietenpol with the same engine, just not that much faster. Musta had some good tailwinds!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I didn't realize a Fly Baby was that fast (seriously). I know they're faster than a Pietenpol with the same engine, just not that much faster. Musta had some good tailwinds!
Good tail winds and a C85!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
That is pretty cool! The guy I flew the SNJ with at TPS told me people would pay to fly with him when he ferries the plane to and from Pax. It’s cool flying it but so uncomfortable.
Mine is not too comfortable. I had a nice Oregon Aero custom seat cushion made for it to save my ass from total devastation.