• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Form 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tougs9

Ok here's the problem I took the astb form 1 and failed it the first time, then I took the astb again and did really well and passed but my oso gave me form 1 over again so pensocola threw it out and said I have to take it again two weeks from now. My oso said that I have to take a form 3. Can anyone tell me about form 3 how it differs from form 1 or 2 and if there is any gouge on it. Could someone please give me some info on this.
Thankyou

tougs9

he told me it was form 3 and it has not been released from pensocola yet. He hasn't even seen it

cessnajet1h

Hey Toug
WHat your OSO means with form 3 is not the actual form, the ASTB tests are altered every time you take it, form 1 the first time and form 2 the soncond or vice versa, now the period that you wait is 6 months after the second one, but they alternated again so they would probably give you form 1 again, and in the web site NAMI you can read all about the ASTB, its history, and what is meant to do. To my readings the ASTB has not been updated or added on since the 80's so i dont think he means a new form. Good luck and go to the web site, you can read all about the ASTB

tougs9

there not having me wait 6 months im taking it in 2 weeks because they messed up and gave me the same form twice

cessnajet1h

Hi, Toug
Hey, well when the military messes up there is always exception to every rule, that is why you dont have to wait 6 months, I hope you did take my advice and went to NAMI website and read everything about the ASTB, anyhow study the supplemental aids we have here on the web site, and you will see is all much the sae idea behind every problem. Good luck!!

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Michael W said:
I saw the paperwork at my recruiters office yesterday, they are now administering test 3-4-5-and I think 6, so I guess the new ASTB has arrived.

Where's the incorporated Top Gun quote?!

cessnajet1h

Hey Toug
Hey, I dont know what paper work is that, but i know nothing about new ASTB tests, I go by what NOMI says, becuase in the end, they are the ones that keep records of for every one that takes that test. Test form 3,4,5 i have no idea man,
and have not read or heard anything about it, so i just take it is not a true thing...sorry but unless is in that web site is hard for me to believe it....

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Im a MIDN and our MOI (thats Marine officer instructer) said that the ASTB is being redesigned (updated). So whether or not its form 3, I dont know. I do know that the test is up for renovation which is probobly what P-cola is talking about. So for those of you that havent takin it yet, I would suggest you get on it ASAP so you can use the gouge on this site. But I dont think that anyone knows when the new test will be released so I guess were flyin by the seat of our pants.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
When I took the test in Feb, they tried to get me to take the computerized version. I told the guy I would rather take the paper version and he was really cool about it. I think now that you are required to take it on the computer, but I could be wrong. Maybe that is the version 3 everyone is talking about. Either way, if it is super easy or terribly hard they will take that into consideration when they are deciding who they want to give a slot to.

cessnajet1h

Hi, ET
ohh you are right, the computerized version is outthere, however, is the same two version just like the ones on paper. To redesign the whole test is more involved than people think, NOMI is the one to do that. However, there has been some talk about updating it, but i think is not easy as it sounds, maybe that is why they have not changed it over 20 yrs.
anyhow, good luck to all

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
For me the test was easier to take on paper because that is the way I had studied, mainly the gouge on the site and the practice test. I liked being able to go back and redo some of the questions by just flipping the page and not having to scroll through the last couple of screens. It should be said that I have not seen the computerized version so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to navigate, but for me the paper version 'seemed' like it would be easier. Good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.