• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Form 1 vs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart27

I know this subject has been posted before, but I was hoping to obtain some more feedback. I will be retaking the ASTB soon and I believe I took form 1. I had a question concerning a monkey, one concerning the SIN/COS of an angle and one where two boats diverged at a 60 degrees. I also had nothing but paragraph comprehension questions on the MVT. Does this sound familiar to those of you who took form 1? I read that form 2 contains alot of geometry...is this true? What was the verbal like on form 2? How many forms do they even have to give us? All info would be appreciated.

ghost_ttu

There are 2 forms, form 1 will have more word problems, and form 2 is more geometry. I think both are best studied for by studying the marine study guide.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

bart27

Thanks ghost. Which form did you take or did you possibly take both? Do you or anyone else happen to know what the verbal was like on form 2? I have the study guide, but my verbal skills suck.

ghost_ttu

I took both, there wasn't much verbal and I was running low on time so I guessed at the second set of verbal questions I think there is only 12 total verbal question.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

hobbs77

Can anyone recall what the ANI section for form 1 consists of?

All that I remember is a diagram of a jet asking what a canard is, what is a yawl, and something about types of clouds.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gun-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

Spin

SNA in Meridian
On the topic of form 1 and 2 .....
I am taking the test for my 3rd time .... (don't all laugh at once) as I scored all 5's and Marines require 5,6 (only 2 more questions right would have given me the 6 arrrgggg!!!). My question is ... if I took form 1 and 2 am I going to be give form 1 or 2 AGAIN or do they have a form 3 for this situation??

Peace,

-Spin

Spin

SNA in Meridian
So will I get the one I took first or do I have an equal chance of getting either one?

unfUSN

Hello everyone... I thought that I would throw my $.02 in here. I use to proctor the ASTB when I was on OHARP duty. And I have to say that there is always a lot of talk about form I vs. II but stats wise neither one is easier than the other. I've taken both tests about 50X each (had to do something in that room every Thurs giving the damn thing!) I never found one any easier than the other.

Secondly, when I first saw the Marine study guide for the test I was floored! That thing is VERY close to the test.

Good luck to all...

Today, the real test of power is not the capacity to make war but the capacity to prevent it
- Anne O'Hare McCormick

jabravo2003

Hello all, I just got back from the Marine Officer Selection Station and I just took Form 1 of the ASTB, it seemed like it had more word problems then the one I took 2yrs ago. Well suffice to say I failed to score the 4 6 4 required by the Marines for pilot, instead looks like I got a 4 5 4. I missed the 4 6 4 by one question on Aviation Nautical info, so I can't take it again for 6months. Oh by the way, what do you need in the Marines for NFO???

jabravo2003

SO does it vary from location to location??? That link on here that shows the drop out rate for flight school shows a 4/6/4 for MC SNA after Apr 02. My SSgt said I missed it by 1 question so I take it that the pass here in Arizona is a 4/6/4. I remember my OSO telling me it was a 4/6/4 and that Arizona gets extra aviation slots because of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Well I will try and clear things up when the OSO gets back into town on Wednesday.

Jorge

paullatina

I took form 1 in Aug '01 and form 2 in Nov '01. I got 4's the first time and 5's the second. I'm taking it again soon to hopefully get 6's so I can get an NFO slot. My question is will I be going back and taking form 1 again or do they not go in order? I felt that form 2 was much easier, but then again I've always been more of a mechanical thinker. Thanks in advance. -Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.