• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

foreflight military for intl flying

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I know of at least one CVN that is running with paper charts and grease pencils even after getting the upgrade.

81montedriver

pilot
I also use the NGA aero app, mostly because I'm a cheap ass and don't feel like forking over $300 a year.
Pros:
Worldwide charts, approach plates and giant reports.

Cons:
Still not user friendly
Does not sync with our onboard wifi (Stratus) like Foreflight does which means the moving map is useless and it can't get you in flight weather.

It has improved quite a bit over the last few years the biggest improvement being able to update all the files through wifi rather than having to download all the files to a computer then having to upload them all through iTunes.

I still think it has a long way to go but considering it's free, there are enough useful features that keep me using it. Plus most of our co pilots have Foreflight and more often I'm flying with someone who has it,