• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For those who think they may not make it through meps!

exNavyOffRec

You may have actually been given a waiver, many applicants are granted waivers and never know or the MEPS doc's notes were vague and N3M overlooked them, we had that happen to an SNA, it was caught at OCS and he lost his pilot designator. It was not due to acid reflux in this person's situation though.​

Be aware that a MEPS doc "passing you" does not mean much at all, N3M is the final say, I have had many applicants get "not qualified for service" and get the PQ letter from N3M, I have also had several get "qualified for service" by MEPS only to have N3M say NPQ, in some medical areas officer programs are more restrictive and in other areas they are not.​

This is the manual N3M uses http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/ManMed/Manmed.htm chapter 15 is the chapter.​

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Be aware that a MEPS doc "passing you" does not mean much at all, N3M is the final say, I have had many applicants get "not qualified for service" and get the PQ letter from N3M, I have also had several get "qualified for service" by MEPS only to have N3M say NPQ, in some medical areas officer programs are more restrictive and in other areas they are not.

THIS is accurate...I was NPQ from MEPS on the three things I listed, but was granted waivers for all three after fulfilling the secondary opinions and submitting the paperwork. I would inquire further about the acid reflux if you do believe it's something to hold you back due to a waiver...an instance with my prescription, I take Nasonex nasal spray and was told at MEPS and by my first recruiter that it would be an unwaiverable medication and/or condition (severe rhinitis), and that I should stop taking it immediately and see at my next visit if I was without symptoms, etc. So I went without it for a year and then had requested to get checked out by a new ENT doc since mine was no longer covered by Tricare, and this one was a Reserve Army Captain familiar with waiver guides and processes along with them. He pulled up the Navy Waiver Guide, and showed me that actually a condition that's left untreated can be unwaiverable if I continue to allow it, and that I should continue to take Nasonex until someone else with higher priority like OCS or NAMI tells me otherwise. So now I'm back on it (and partially the reason why I forgot to notate it on my CCR's, as it was around the same time I started completing them) and I've found that I only need it in the Spring and Fall, but if I had only gone off the gouge from MEPS I could've put myself in a problem that should've never existed. Follow the advice until told otherwise, but if you know that it may be a problem and others like NavyOffRec have said so, I'd keep inquiring about it - especially if it may take a year to get a waiver processed.