• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For those at Whiting Field......What cell phone provider do you use?

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
- I am about to execute PCS orders from Camp Pendleton, CA and head up to TW-5 in Milton.
- When I was on house hunting PTAD I noticed I got zero reception on my cell phone while up at NAS Whiting. I am currently with T-Mobile.
- What provider do people go with there?
- I have no contract with T-Mobile, so I might as well go with a provider that allows for people to be able to call me while I am at work.
- Thanks

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
-I don't know
-but I found use
-of the dash button often
-got me an extra bar no matter
-what provider

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I used Verizon when I was there it worked outside just fine, but all government building are a black hole for cell phone reception anyways.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
AT&T reception in Destin sucks. Not what your asking but another data point if you go hit the beach.

sickboy

pilot
I had t-mobile there. My reception was never great, but it was adequate after removing the sim card, restarting the phone and reinstalling the sim...provided I wasn't indoors on base.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I have Verizon and I don't have problems making calls but you can forget about Internet.

That depends on where you are on base. I survived many ground school hours and time in between flights where that came in handy. I wouldn't accuse it of being fast, but it was generally usable- not really any slower then NMCI, but you didn't have to play musical chairs for a computer to update weather, or flight plan etc.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I have AT&T and have switched phones since I first got here. The Samsung Galaxy S4 apparently has a better antenna than my old HTC Inspire. Typically I'll get 1-3 bars of service outside on my Samsung whereas I used to get 0-1 bars on the HTC. Inside buildings, if near a window while holding my phone up in the air I can still get a lonely bar of service from time to time but my phone will often lose reception when it is placed down. That can be very bad news if your IP is trying to contact you!

kejo

pilot
I use Verizon and it works fine on base. Inside is another story. I get full 4G on my Galaxy S3 when I'm on ODO, but in my office (next door) I barely get 1 bar.