• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For some reason...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
This is all very, very interesting. May explain some things... I think I am starting to see a light at the end of a tunnel...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not the first place I've heard this, and between me and a lot of my female friends I've got a lot of anecdotal evidence to support it. It's pretty much known that you're more likely to overeat when you're eating with other people. This is especially true when you start dating. You're going to share a lot of meals with a man who likely eats a lot more than you. Unless you're the type of woman who eats only lettuce around men lest you appear a fatty (in which case I'd put money on the fact you'll gain 50 pounds when you get married and your inhibitions to look skinny are diminished), you're more likely to eat whatever he's eating and in similar quantities. I personally and a lot of my friends have observed that when we've initially gotten into relationships we've gained a couple pounds. I blame the human garbage disposals we date :D

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Not the first place I've heard this, and between me and a lot of my female friends I've got a lot of anecdotal evidence to support it. It's pretty much known that you're more likely to overeat when you're eating with other people. This is especially true when you start dating. You're going to share a lot of meals with a man who likely eats a lot more than you. Unless you're the type of woman who eats only lettuce around men lest you appear a fatty (in which case I'd put money on the fact you'll gain 50 pounds when you get married and your inhibitions to look skinny are diminished), you're more likely to eat whatever he's eating and in similar quantities. I personally and a lot of my friends have observed that when we've initially gotten into relationships we've gained a couple pounds. I blame the human garbage disposals we date :D

Yep. No matter what it is, it is always the man's fault. Kind of restores my faith in the world.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My proposal is fast food should cost as much as a carton of cigs. Females cannot order past 8pm and you have to show your ID to order the "full portion" of anything at a restaurant. The minimum age is 50...because then, nobody cares if you are fat.

Just my opinion.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
All I can say is gluten allergies are the bomb as far as keeping girls skinny. They don't eat processed trash, no sugar loaded carbs, lots of leafy greens and salads. BOOM. no weight issues.

I on the other hand, consume double the amount of garbage to balance the system...though I think the ole metabolism may be slowing down.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shift the blame...

If women would just do their freaking job and make sure good healthy meals are prepared and served on time, we wouldn't have issues like this.
BS Alert! "BlameGame" doesn't cut it!:piggy_125 Whatever happened to tried & true personal responsibility principles??:eek:
BzB

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'm siding with Steve on this one.... (holy shit.... I'm agreeing with a SWO... what's the world coming to?)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Me too...

I'm siding with Steve on this one.... (holy shit.... I'm agreeing with a SWO... what's the world coming to?)

I quoted Steve & agree with his reply, it applies to anyone, male or female, who blames another for their excess weight. Reminds me of a lawsuit by an obese woman filed against MacDonalds, claiming they were liable for her obesity! Huh? Had they refused to serve her for her obesity, she would probably have filed a discrimination lawsuit! Boils down to "it's your body, you're responsible"
BzB

IRfly

None
All I know is that in my (very happy) marriage, I was the one who put on the weight. With kids, I think I gained some "sympathy" weight and never lost it :). Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means fat, but certainly not at my fightin' weight...