• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For my rotor bretheren

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Certainly. We won't have any beans left to count, but rest assured, the bean counters will still be gainfully employed.

And there will always be a couple of folks left to write the OPNAVINST on how beans should be counted, PPE that must be worn when counting beans and what training has been incorporated into the annual GMT schedule (on NKO of course) to discuss proper bean counting technique.

Otto will complain about the tactics employed in bean counting not to mention the endless threads of folks asking what their chances of getting Navy beans vice plain old brown beans.

phrogpilot73

This is the kind of frustrating double-speak that comes out of the political/business world:

The Bell-Boeing V-22 program is presently on time and under budget in successfully executing its first multi-year contract,

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
This is the kind of frustrating double-speak that comes out of the political/business world:

And this is the kind of retarded, piss-poorly researched drivel that comes out of the media:

"The proposed contract, in its early stages, would supply the aircraft to the Marine Corps and Air Force through 2017 -- renewing a current deal for five more years."

Second paragraph, and he can't establish if the Navy is buying aircraft for the Navy, USMC, or USAF.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
The MY is on time and under budget. Now, that doesn't mean that earlier contracts were. But that one is.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration with how the development and LRIP contracts blew through money. But that money is long since spent and nothing we do with the program is going to get it back.

And I'm not sure what schoolbubba is arguing, but much like the H-60 MY the Osprey MY can, and does, cover more than one service.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
I am probably showing some ignorance here, but this article is the first I have heard that the Navy is buying Ospreys for the Navy. Is this a SPECWAR thing? If so, 48 seems like a lot of aircraft to be devoted to one rather narrowly focused community.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
The article was a bit confusing, because the Navy runs the contract (or pays the bill), but the planes in the renewed contract are destined for the Marines and Air Force. The buy for Navy use.....is still up in the air. I thought it was more a COD vehicle for the Navy.