• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Sorry Nittany, bad day to be a PSU fan.

Franklin got to be feeling the heat.

I was also puzzled why Michigan wasn’t throwing the ball in the 2nd half. It was driving me nuts.
Neither Michigan nor Penn State had 100 yards passing. You don’t see that every day.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Looking forward to Michigan-Ohio State in a couple of weeks. FSU and Washington had much closer than expected games today; meanwhile, Georgia is up 38-14 over #9 Ole Miss. Georgia vs Alabama - again - in the SEC championship is going to be quite good.

taxi1

pilot
He’s in a tough spot like Harbaugh was in 2018 timeframe. Just can’t get over the hump.
Our former Offensive Coordinator is newly unemployed.

The problem these days is an OC at a big time program is trying out for a future head coach slot. You get one that does great (Joe Moorhead) and off he goes to become a lackluster head coach, building up his retirement account.

The Paterno years were an abberation, where the top coaching staff had been there for decades.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Our former Offensive Coordinator is newly unemployed.

The problem these days is an OC at a big time program is trying out for a future head coach slot. You get one that does great (Joe Moorhead) and off he goes to become a lackluster head coach, building up his retirement account.

The Paterno years were an abberation, where the top coaching staff had been there for decades.
You think that’s why Franklin can’t get over the hump? Head coaches just have to adjust to the carousel of assistants. That’s part of the job.

I think you have to look at Franklin’s record against M and OSU and just acknowledge it is what it is…obviously saying that as a total outsider and it’s a tough place to be in because if he goes it’s a total rebuild.

taxi1

pilot
You think that’s why Franklin can’t get over the hump? Head coaches just have to adjust to the carousel of assistants. That’s part of the job.

I think you have to look at Franklin’s record against M and OSU and just acknowledge it is what it is…obviously saying that as a total outsider and it’s a tough place to be in because if he goes it’s a total rebuild.
I don't think Franklin is that good of a game day coach. Is what it is.

He's a great team builder, and he empowers his assistants. If you want a high viz springboard job, Penn State has to be at the top of the list.

I'm perfectly fine with occasionally having the perfect storm of super OC and DCs at the same time and we make a run at the playoffs, while ending up X-2 (losses to M and OSU) otherwise.

The OC job at Penn State is going to attract some real talent. Look forward to seeing who applies and gets recruited.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For better or worse, Franklin is a CEO coach who will live and die by his coordinators. The portion of our fanbase expecting 12-0 every regular season is insane. Even Joe in his 1960s-80s prime couldn't do that, even with his one last run in 1994.

Nick Saban has broken people's brains. Everyone thinks their coach should be able to build up a dynasty like that, forgetting that he is the damn GOAT, and he makes it look easy when it's actually harder than Chinese algebra.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Congrats to Michigan on their 1,000 victory. No real surprises today, but it looks like #4 Florida State may have lost their starting QB for the year with a leg injury.

MGoBrew11

pilot
We will lose next week with another game like that. Some real concerns popping up late in the season which is never good. 2 starting OL out, WR1 left the game, JJ didn’t look great.

I think HC/OC/OL duties are too much for Sherrone Moore. Wish we’d shed some of the HC load to some other assistants like Mike Hart or Jay Harbaugh.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
With about 2 minutes to go, Georgia’s perfect season looks doubtful.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
CFP prediction

1) UW or UM
2) UW or UM
3) Texas
4) Bama or FSU

I'm guesssing #4 will be the controversial pick if FSU squeaks by tonight with their 3rd string QB. We'll see if the committee kowtows to the SEC or not.