• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sigh…I see OU is playing like a fairly good high school team against Texas.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Sigh…I see OU is playing like a fairly good high school team against Texas.
Lots of game left but this is no surprise. OU has struggled against shitty teams all season. They aren’t good. Win or lose they can win out against their shitty conference then earn the right to get beat by a playoff team. Again.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Lots of game left but this is no surprise. OU has struggled against shitty teams all season. They aren’t good.
OU is good enough, according to the sports writers today their defense is among the best, but Rattler spent the off season polishing a trophy he will never win and the young offensive line is quite leaky.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
OU is good enough, according to the sports writers today their defense is among the best, but Rattler spent the off season polishing a trophy he will never win and the young offensive line is quite leaky.
Good defenses don’t give up four TD’s in one quarter. Also this is the first offense with a pulse they’ve faced this year

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Good defenses don’t give up four TD’s in one quarter. Also this is the first offense with a pulse they’ve faced this year
I suggest you look at some of the Bama scores and rethink that - they have only had four fewer points scored against them than OU across the season. Now, GA has a far superior defense than both.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I suggest you look at some of the Bama scores and rethink that - they have only had four fewer points scored against them than OU across the season. Now, GA has a far superior defense than both.
OU has played trash teams. This is by far the toughest team they face this year and they got steamrolled by Arkansas. There are zero elite teams in the Big12, and it’s not even close.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
OU has played trash teams. This is by far the toughest team they face this year and they got steamrolled by Arkansas. There are zero elite teams in the Big12, and it’s not even close.
As has Alabama for the most part. I stick to my opening statement….SEC (like the other conferences) has two or three great teams and the rest are just o.k.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
As has Alabama for the most part. I stick to my opening statement….SEC (like the other conferences) has two or three great teams and the rest are just o.k.
And by that reasoning the Big12 has no great teams and maybe two that are ok. Texas may be the best team and they got blown out by a team that will probably go .500 in the SEC West.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
And by that reasoning the Big12 has no great teams and maybe two that are ok. Texas may be the best team and they got blown out by a team that will probably go .500 in the SEC West.
Yawn…we are football partisans and that is cool. You just happen to fall for the jock sniffers who write press releases for the SEC and call them analysis. In a true playoff system (only conference champions play conference champions) SEC would find itself pretty ordinary. Only the AP vote keeps the SEC “looking” good.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Yawn…we are football partisans and that is cool. You just happen to fall for the jock sniffers who write press releases for the SEC and call them analysis. In a true playoff system (only conference champions play conference champions) SEC would find itself pretty ordinary. Only the AP vote keeps the SEC “looking” good.
11 out of the last 15 national championships have been won by four different SEC teams. The SEC dominates in both recruiting and on NFL draft day. Bowl records reflect the dominance. OU is getting boat raced by a team that was utterly dominated by a mediocre SEC team. But yeah, it’s all smoke and mirrors. It’s a conspiracy to make the SEC look good. Holy shit.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
11 out of the last 15 national championships have been won by four different SEC teams. The SEC dominates in both recruiting and on NFL draft day. Bowl records reflect the dominance. OU is getting boat raced by a team that was utterly dominated by a mediocre SEC team. But yeah, it’s all smoke and mirrors. It’s a conspiracy to make the SEC look good. Holy shit.
Is it OK to quote my own post?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it OK to quote my own post?
Well, you’re discussing the $EC with a fan of that conference, so it’s probably advisable to adopt whatever argumentation strategy has worked best for you in the past against brick walls. ¯\(ツ)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The odds of running through a brick wall are better than convincing a rational person that “only the AP vote keeps the SEC looking good”. Pretty much every possible metric shows that to be false. Again, the dissonance of an Oklahoma fan making such a claim when his school just slithered into the SEC from their sinking ship of a conference just adds to the hilarity.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Looks like the OU bus with the team finally arrived. Rattler deserved to be benched.