• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Foot pain

DavidC

I have some pain in the ball of my foot whenever I put pressure on that area. It's right around the end of the third metatarsal. It started a week ago as a minor discomfort whenever I put a lot of pressure directly on that area, but now any pressure causes pain.

I haven't been running since it started, and I thought that would help it go away, but now I'm not sure that's enough. Does this sound like something that should be checked out right away, or would it be fine to give it another week to see if it clears up on its own?

Thanks.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
If it hurts to walk, and there is no bruising in the area I'd go see a doc, you might have broken something. If there is a bruise in the area of the pain then I'd wait a few days to see if it clears up...please note though, I'm an EMT that does not make me a doc in anyway shape or form, I'm simply saying what I would do in this situation, best of luck, and tred lightly.

DavidC

Went to the doc today, he said it's sesamoiditis. Basically an inflamation of the bone and tendon in the ball of the foot. About a week of rest should clear it up. Very relieved that it's not something more serious like a stress fracture.