• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fomer Navy Pilot has some problems

Renegade One

None
This numb-nuts would have the same last name as me...now I'm going to get all sorts of stupid questions from friends...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Wow, so apparently he is a multi-engine dude, and got the RV-7A certified in 2006. Based out of VA, according to the FAA. You'd think as a professional Naval Aviator, he'd be a little better about pre-flight planning.

Thanks for the blunder and making us all look bad. :eek:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow, so apparently he is a multi-engine dude, and got the RV-7A certified in 2006. Based out of VA, according to the FAA. You'd think as a professional Naval Aviator, he'd be a little better about pre-flight planning.

It sounds like he was an older guy....maybe he legitimately got confused. Not like the same thing doesn't happen every day on the road, in cars, with older folks.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Bogey, why do I have the feeling that we will be saying the same thing about you sooner or later? Probably sooner.......

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It sounds like he was an older guy....maybe he legitimately got confused. Not like the same thing doesn't happen every day on the road, in cars, with older folks.

What's wrong with older guys???

I like biscuits. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... :sleep_125

6297fc21.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Funny ... as that's my general impression of 'younger' drivers .... :)

BUT: this guy is chump change -- you shoulda' been there in Seattle the first time the Rooskies came into SEATAC on Aeroflot -- women & children to the exits was the order of the day ... :eek:

CAMike

None
Contributor

I think MIDNJAC is likely on the most appropriate path for this thread. I know several 70 year olds who function very well, and several 70 year olds who have serious memory issues and should probably seek a mini mental health status evaluation.

We ALL will age with different issues and at different times- if we're lucky enough to get that age. Don't be so hard on this gent. I'd almost be willing to bet that he was a competent Naval Aviator at some point in his past. Maybe even recently.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I think MIDNJAC is likely on the most appropriate path for this thread. I know several 70 year olds who function very well, and several 70 year olds who have serious memory issues and should probably seek a mini mental health status evaluation.

We ALL will age with different issues and at different times- if we're lucky enough to get that age. Don't be so hard on this gent. I'd almost be willing to bet that he was a competent Naval Aviator at some point in his past. Maybe even recently.

Well that makes one of us. :D

FlyinRock

As I sit here in the KLM Crown Lounge in Amsterdam waiting for my flight home, I reflect on what age does. For damned sure it has proven to me, I am not faster than a speeding bullet, and I need a ladder to jump over a stinking duplex now. I even require the assist of powered aircraft to fly. For the most part I don't have any problems but I'd be seriously challenged to do a snotty single pilot approach into LAX now and I used to do it on a regular basis. Is it due to being out of practice or am I just not up to it anymore? Dunno and probably won't have the chance to find out.
Each of us is going to age and respond differently regardless of background. Hell I know a number of guys half my age who are NA and active duty that I would not let my family fly with. I sure hope someone slaps me upside the head when I do something stupid and don't know it!
That will be the day I will seriously consider putting my pilot certificates in a frame on the wall and retire from the cockpit.
Any time I see an article that describes someone doing something stupid or has a problem, I have to ask myself, how accurate is the article and what were the actual circumstances? Not much different than reading about accidents and some of the really stupid comments made by "reporters". Even the NTSB reports are often flawed and they are the final word? wheeeew
Semper Fi
Rocky

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

The person it's happening to is usually the last to know that it's happening. I'm learning this from taking care of my mother as she's slowly losing her mind. :(