• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstavrides

Hello gents, I just found out today that I'm a 1395 and will be heading to P-cola after December graduation. I know the flight screening program is ramping up, but if anyone doesnt get it and wants to do a little flying in P-cola I can help. I'm a CFI (certified flight instructor) and would be willing to give free instruction. This helps you and keeps me in an airplane. Usually cost about 100 an hour for an aircraft but the flying club may be cheaper. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email at pstavrides@hotmail.com.
Pensacola here I come!!!!!!

FlyFast

Pstavrides, hey I'm a civilian pilot getting ready to turn in the app. can you give me some detatils on yours. Just wonder how much all my time will help out...Patrick

ghost_ttu

hey pstavrides CONGRATS!!! Would you mind going to the Stats section and posting your stats? It's under path to commission. When did you submit? when is your date? That is a great offer, I had a CFII do the same for me (he is in his first week at p'cola right now) So I'm sure he is having a blast [:p] Anyway Congrats man!

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ghost_ttu

PSTA, I think Pat is just saying to brief your students that this is how you learned and the Navy will teach you the Navy way. And IP's are not gonna wanna here "This is how I learned" I think you are safe teaching guys, just might mention to them not to spread word. I think it's generous and smart of you to donate your CFI. Give you the chance to stay in the plane for free and gives guys wanting to boost their application, or better their skills prior to flight school. Best of luck!

ghost_ttu

I STILL think it's a generous offer, and by not charging you feel a bit less obligated to stick around if something comes up. And the guys that you do free instruction are going to understand that, and if you have to bail they will understand. A paying student is going to be less understanding and that will make you look like more of an ass. Also, charging people, you sometimes run into issues with that when leasing the plane depending on where you lease it, you have to do it under the table most of the time. Which there is nothing wrong with that I suppose.

ghost_ttu

no, he said free instruction. The student will lease the plane and he will get to log flight hours for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.