• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

snake020

Contributor
The filter will eventually see me coming to visit this site...check it out...see that it is a discussion forum...and shut down access. Only a matter of time.

But it works, for now!

I've been on AW at work (when I was still in the AF) since '06, both stateside and on deployment, even in chat. They never blocked it. Why I don't know as they managed to block everything else good.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Whew.....thank GOD the Air Guard didn't want me the year before my pilot tx came through.

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
I wouldn't be leaving solely for this reason. That's dumb. There are other reasons, too.

So what I'm hearing, this is pretty much the state of the entire military? It sounds like a crap filled bureaucracy that is downsizing by the day.

phrogpilot73

So what I'm hearing, this is pretty much the state of the entire military? It sounds like a crap filled bureaucracy that is downsizing by the day.
The Marine Corps is growing by 22,000 people, and are in the process of transitioning the entire CH-46E fleet to V-22 Ospreys. Not much downsizing going on there.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Whew.....thank GOD the Air Guard didn't want me the year before my pilot tx came through.

The Guard and the Active Duty AF are two different beasts.

I won't go active duty AF right now, but I am pledging Guard units (and doing the Navy thing)... From what I have seen and heard the Guard is still okay if you get into a state with strong congressmen. Units like Fort Smith, SC, Burlington etc... are going to be around for a while. FWIW my old man was an AGR guy for almost 27 years in the Air Guard. Even though his last tours were at ACC at Langley he still deployed with his unit (Syracuse) on their rotations to the desert.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Exactly. Don't blame me when that MANPAD I tried to tell you about sends you spinning into the deck.

But I digress....

Air Force....HARUMPH!....Bitches....HARUMPH!....No more lattes in ready room!.....HARUMPH!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
The Guard and the Active Duty AF are two different beasts.

I won't go active duty AF right now, but I am pledging Guard units (and doing the Navy thing)... From what I have seen and heard the Guard is still okay if you get into a state with strong congressmen. Units like Fort Smith, SC, Burlington etc... are going to be around for a while. FWIW my old man was an AGR guy for almost 27 years in the Air Guard. Even though his last tours were at ACC at Langley he still deployed with his unit (Syracuse) on their rotations to the desert.
I rushed the Swampfoxes but was picked up to come back through as a Naval Aviator. On Guard deployments, you still have to deal with AF bureacracy. I was in the CAOC in Qatar working with Viper Guard units daily. When was the last time your dad deployed? and ask him if he knows Yogi.